RFKCompass Investing & Sustainable Business Intern
- Internship posted by Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights
Hours per week
10-20 hours per week
88 Pine Street
Led by human rights activist and lawyer Kerry Kennedy, Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights has advocated for a more just and peaceful world since 1968. We work alongside local activists to ensure lasting positive change in governments and corporations. Our team includes leading attorneys, advocates, and leaders in business and government united by a commitment to social justice.
About RFKennedy Compass
RFKennedy Compass is a series of conferences designed to assist institutional asset owners fulfill their fiduciary duty and meet the challenges of investing today. With the trend towards sustainable and responsible investing increasing over the past decade (per the US SIF’s 2016 report, SRI accounts for one in every five dollars under professional management in the United States).
Anchored in its premiere gathering at the Kennedy Compound in Hyannis Port, MA, RFK Compass brings together investment officials from various sectors (public and private pension plans, foundations, family offices, sovereign wealth funds etc.) together with hedge funds, asset managers, consultants and policy makers to share ideas, debate issues and build lasting relationships that drive change.
Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights is seeking an intern to support the RFKennedy Compass Program who will support this important platform by assisting with the execution of conferences, developing new approaches for audience engagement, supporting strategic initiatives, engaging with clients and supporting servicing and relationship management that elevates RFKennedy Compass as a thought leader on key issues in the sustainable investing space.
The internship will run from January 29-May 31st with a commitment of 15-20 hours per week. This opportunity will also potentially have the ability to attend our flagship Hyannis Port event in June.
The intern will provide research and project management support. Specifically, s/he will:
- Conduct due diligence and other research on financing firms and corporate entities, other partners, sustainable investment trends and other topics/sector.
- Support the clean-up of data in the CRM platform Salesforce to ensure quality of content, as well as assist in recording outreach efforts into CRM.
- Assist with logistics and content development for the Conference - from planning to execution.
- Liaising with Compass network, conference participants and other external audience as needed.
- Assist both the Compass and Communications teams by drafting thought content pieces for publication on RF Human Rights website and social media, as well as in published outlets (business news outlets, etc)
- Support other tasks and activities as requested.
- Appropriate for students in final year of Bachelor's Program or current Master’s programs in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Communications, or International Development.
- Experience working on conferences and other events with business and NGO leaders
- Excellent writing, communication and research skills suitable for varied audiences.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills, close attention to detail, ability to multi-task and take initiative.
- Flexibility, patience and grace under pressure in an environment of changing organizational dynamics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including a strong grasp of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint tools.
- Experience working with CRM tools such as Salesforce preferred.
Availability and Compensation
- Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights’ Internship program provides a rich learning experience in a dynamic global organization.
- Interns will receive a modest stipend.
- Interns are expected to commit to a minimum 15-20 hours per week.
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Kai Erlenbusch at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please enter “RFK Compass Intern, Spring 2018” along with your first and last name. For example: RFK Compass Intern, Spring 2018, Jane Doe. Please indicate when you would be able to begin the internship and your availability each week.
No phone calls please. We will only respond to those candidates whose qualifications most closely match the internship description.