Hours per week
1725 Desales Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Grantmakers for Effective Organizations is seeking a fulltime summer associate to join an
entrepreneurial membership association in Washington, D.C. This role is will directly contribute to GEO’s internal effectiveness and programming. Start and end dates are negotiable. This is a temporary position and is not benefits eligible. This position pays $16/hour. Some of specific responsibilities could include:
Executive Team Support
· Provide administrative support to the CEO and senior advisor, racial equity (scheduling meetings and travel; expense tracking, filing for reimbursements from speaking engagements, etc.).
· Facilitate the work of the executive team, including coordinating with other staff and scheduling and preparing materials for executive team meetings
· Assist team in the planning of our summer and fall board meetings
· Support the team in staffing the work of the governance and executive committees of the board
· Conduct periodic small research and analysis projects to help inform GEO’s emerging priorities
· Provide project support to the senior advisor, racial equity as needed
· Communications recruitment support
· Work with team to develop email campaigns
· Working with team to implement strategy for using communications to reach nonmembers
· Rotating out member logos on GEO’s website
· Website updates
· Prospect research, including rate research for trip planning
· Lead generation
· Recent college graduate
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities at the same time
· Ability to be a self-starter and team player, especially in the context of a small, entrepreneurial organization
· Previous work experience with nonprofit organizations, foundations and/or membership organizations is helpful but not required
How To Apply
GEO will accept applications until we fill the position but interested individuals are encouraged to apply immediately. We will give priority to applications received by May 30, 2018. Please write GEO SUMMER ASSOCIATE in your subject line. We will not consider applications without a cover letter. In your cover letter please address:
· Why you are interested in working at GEO?
· Why you are a good fit for this position?
· How you have worked with a team to accomplish goals?