Hours per week
10-15 hours a week. Flexible hours.
Families in Nature (FIN) is looking for a Social Media Intern. This is a great opportunity to enhance your communications skills and build your resume while contributing to the success of a conservation focused non-profit! This internship will provide real world, hands-on experience at a rapidly growing non-profit. Interns should expect to play an integral role in our social media program.
About FIN: FIN’s mission is to connect children and families to nature and each other through time spent learning, playing and volunteering outdoors. It is our vision to inspire all families to fall in love with nature and foster the next generation of conservationists.
Location: Work from home, some in-person meetings required as needed.
- Work with management team to create and implement social media campaigns
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis
- Monitor analytics with management team to identify viable ideas
- Create engaging social media content that inspires a love of nature and tells our story
- Assist in the general distribution of press releases and media alerts
- Provide additional support as needed
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Desire for a career in Social Media Management, Public Relations, or Communications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- In-depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snap-chat and Google+ as well as design software such as InDesign and Canva
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with minimal oversight
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and able to meet deadlines
How To Apply
Include resume with relevant experience or skills.