425 Lafayette Street
THE PUBLIC THEATER is looking for a highly-motivated and organized Press and Marketing Intern with an interest in public relations and communications.
The Public is a cultural institution dedicated to upholding principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. The ideal candidate must be willing to investigate how those principles apply in the context of marketing and communications.
· Collecting, recording and distributing all media coverage pertaining to The Public Theater
· Supports Press Team in coordinating media interviews, photo calls, b-roll shoots, and rehearsal photos
· Assists with opening night events—including photographer registration, pre and post-show celebrity arrivals, and onsite interviews and photo opportunities with key party attendees
· Aids the Press Managers and Director of Communications with scheduling press seats for all Public Theater shows and sending reminders and digital press kits
· Additional duties include assistance with editing and organizing information for show Playbills and proofreading press releases and other materials
· Responsible for media ticketing and fulfilling some house seat orders
· Monitors social media and theater website chat for daily Industry trends
· Researching past press coverage of relevant productions and assembling final show press packets
· Uploading contacts to Cision database and researching new outlets
· Maintains the media archives of past productions at The Public
· Assists in the general administration and upkeep of the Marketing office: maintaining lobby displays, distributing mail, updating patron records, and other duties as assigned.
· Monitors incoming customer service emails and responds/elevates as needed.
· Maintains an annual archive of marketing collateral
REQUIREMENTS: The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented team player with previous office experience, specifically interested in a career of theatrical press and communications. Must be proficient in Outlook, Excel, and Word, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Tessitura ticketing experience and Cision is a plus.
This internship is available immediately. To apply, please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.