Hours per week
20 hours per week (approximately)
Position: Operations Intern
Location: New York, NY
Dates: Mid May – August 2018 (flexible)
Commitment: 20 hours per week (approximately)
Artists for Peace and Justice works in direct partnership with communities in Haiti and around the world, creating pathways out of poverty by expanding access to education and providing training in creative industries.
APJ seeks an Operations Intern to assist with a range of day-to-day office duties and other projects in our New York office. The intern will lend support to all members of the APJ team and report directly to the Operations Manager. The ideal candidate will be a highly organized and responsible individual with a passion for APJ’s work looking to gain experience in the field through the handling of various tasks associated with the operations of a small nonprofit organization.
- Monitor office phones, deliveries, and email
- Assist with social media outreach and monitoring
- Conduct ongoing research projects
- Compile data and maintain various organizational databases
- Work with APJ staff in a support capacity to address other needs and projects as they arise
- Passionate about international development and the goals of Artists for Peace and Justice
- Current college student or recent graduate (must be located in the NYC metro area)
- Extremely organized with meticulous attention to detail and follow through
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with high level of general computer competency
- Familiarity with major social media platforms
How To Apply
Qualified candidates please send a resume and cover letter as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name and the position you are applying for in the subject line or your application will not be considered. No calls please. We look forward to receiving your application and are happy to assist you in receiving college credit for your internship.