Marketing / Social Media / Graphic Design Intern at Reality Changers
- Internship posted by Reality Changers
Hours per week
Up to 20 hours per week
3910 University Ave.
Reality Changers is a dynamic non-profit organization whose mission is to transform lives by providing youth from disadvantaged backgrounds with the academic support, financial assistance, and leadership training to become college graduates.
Reality Changers' current internship opportunities include:
- Marketing & Research
- Social Media
- Graphic Design
- Fundraising / PR
- Program Operations
During the internship, you will learn about the internal operations of a growing non-profit organization and have the opportunity to contribute to its key programs, College Town, College Apps Academy and the Alumni Network. Most of the positions' responsibilities will be independent work that requires the highest regard for consistency of writing, formatting, and editing.
Responsibilities in each focus area include:
- Research and prepare documents of online competitors in college counseling.
- Research and create proposal for pricing and packaging of Academy workshops, materials, and counseling.
- Research and create proposal for online tools for Academy deployment.
- Support current development of marketing materials for current Academy programs to include flyers, presentation materials, displays, and online sales webinars.
- Support the Academy team on administrative tasks and projects.
- Assist with social media engagement by generating, editing, publishing, and sharing weekly content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- Monitor social media web and marketing analytics on a weekly basis (page views, twitter followers, etc.) and provide reports of growth and other activity.
- Build an email list and social media following to support the Fall launch of an Academy program.
- Develop the strategic marketing plan to encompass social media, blogs, digital marketing, and online presentations.
- Produce design collateral for various print projects
- Demonstrate competence in layout, typography, print/web standards
- Communicate mission and impact of Reality Changers through social media and online platforms; create content that boosts external engagement with the organiza;on
- Work closely with project support including Crea;ve Director and Advancement Director.
- Create and maintain presentaton materials for Reality Changers' programs.
- Basic office duties: email, answering phones, filing, copying, and printing
- Assist with ensuring accurate and complete alumni database records; capture contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, projects (e.g. alumni directory), correspondence, etc.
- Assist with sourcing relevant data and information for alumni communications, grant writing and other external correspondence
- Create content for social media platforms that boost alumni engagement with the organization
- Conduct outreach (e.g. regular phone calls, emails, etc.) to share updates with alumni and/or collect information
- Assist with planning and executing networking, educational and social events
- Basic office duties: answering phones, filing, copying, and printing
- Support the alumni team on other administrative tasks and projects
Skills You’ll Gain Through This Internship
- Social Entrepreneur – Learn how to take a nonprofit service and market to support organizational goals.
- Research / Analytics – Develop the critical research and analytical skills that can be applied in any business project.
- Project Management – Help prepare timelines, meet budget requirements, set and achieve organizational goals.
- Marketing – Utilize different software and tools to develop effective marketing materials and campaigns
Intership applications are accepted on a rolling basis and customized to meet the learning goals of the intern. To learn more, please visit www.realitychangers.org/careers
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.