Child Advocacy and Women’s Rights International (CAWRI) is 501c3 nonprofit organization. CAWRI is now seeking interns for our health education, agricultural, women’s rights, child advocacy/welfare, and child education projects.
Our motto is to Educate, Enable, Empower. This encapsulates our mission to promote child welfare and women’s rights around the world. We advocate for equal access to education, health, and entrepreneurship for women.
Our current project initiatives are in Afghanistan, but we are hoping to expand our efforts into other developing countries. Through our income generating and educational projects, we provide women, and consequently their children, with the opportunity to lead sustainable and healthy lives.
Interns are required to think critically; they should be dependable, as well as punctual. Intern positions are a minimum of 3 days per week, 24 hours per week. All internships are unpaid. However classroom credit is available. If you are unable to meet the intern requirements, volunteer opportunities may be available.
- Completion or enrollment in bachelor’s degree program.
- Ability to work independently in an unstructured environment; as well as, the ability to be a contributing member of a small group.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Sensitivity to and respect for other cultures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and the Google Drive software.
- Familiarity with the grant funding process; not a requirement but strongly sought after.
- An interest to protect women’s and children’s equality on a global scale.
- A positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
We have a nice office, convenient to the Rosslyn metro station. We offer academic credit and, upon completion of the internship, a letter of recommendation.
How To Apply
Our new address is 1001 19th Street N; Suite1200; Arlington, VA 22209. To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of CAWRI Internship or CAWRI Volunteer. Please include a copy of your resume and cover letter as a single PDF file, as well as your hours of availability and desired start and end dates.