Paid Human Resources Intern Department
- Internship posted by American Councils for International Education: ACTR/ACCELS
1828 L Street NW
Pay Band: 1 Temporary
Pay Rate: $16.00 per hour
Hours: 20 hours per week, days/times flexible
This is an excellent opportunity to learn about human resources in an international non-profit organization. The main responsibility of the Human Resources Intern is to provide administrative support to the Human Resources team and assist with all HR initiatives including benefits, open enrollment, training, and recruiting. The Human Resources Intern will report to the Director of Human Resources.
• Confirm receipt of all required employment and payroll forms
• Prepare new employee orientation materials
• Prepare training materials, slides and handouts
• Verify employment for current and former employees
• Conduct reference and background checks for prospective employees
• Post positions to appropriate websites
• Maintain employee files and records, both hard-copy and electronic
• Investigate benefits issues
• Assist with all other tasks and projects as directed
• Current or recent student working towards a degree in Human Resources Management, Business, or related field
• Ability to maintain the confidentiality of employee data
• Organized, neat, and conscientious with meticulous attention to detail
• Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
• Effective time management and prioritization skills
• Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability to work independently, while contributing to an overall team effort
We are looking for someone who can start as soon as possible.
How To Apply
Select this link and follow the prompts: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/index.php?/job/apply&clientkey=58AA089E0E2C786B7FE4217373F3BCBD&job=8699&jpt=
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
American Councils is committed to taking affirmative steps to enhance employment opportunities for minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities, and strives to ensure that meaningful employment and promotional opportunities are maintained for everyone. American Councils’ commitment to equal employment opportunity is based not only on federal requirements, but also on a longstanding commitment to maintaining a diverse workforce reflective of the communities in which we operate.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.