Hours per week
One day per week
19 Clarendon Street
Gain direct experience in costume construction and refurbishment; experience in day to day organization in shop as it applies to various projects throughout the season (can include but are not limited to preparing shoes for distribution; labeling and organizing costumes from fittings; minor sewing alterations; preparing fabric for use on cutting tables; organizing wardrobe laundry; assisting with dressing in studio rehearsal and performances; construction of garments; assisting in group fittings.)
Strengthen hand and sewing skills through practical stitching assignments.
- Junior or Senior in college
- Suitable degree program or classes in: costume/clothing construction and/or tailoring
- Portfolio focused on hand and machine skills
- Must present sewing samples: can include basic sewn garments and tailored pieces; fabric based craft projects (millinery for example), etc.
- Attention to detail
- Available at least one full work day per week
Boston Ballet is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Boston Ballet internships are unpaid. Boston Ballet internships are for credit (preferred) or on a volunteer basis. Boston Ballet Interns in the Fall and Spring are eligible for complimentary tickets to season performances and discounted classes.