Hours per week
Founded in 1994, Outward Bound Costa Rica offers a range of experiential education programs to high school, college students and adults that promise challenging physical activities across Costa Rica, Nicaragua and Panama with a focus on personal development, leadership, and cultural immersion: www.OutwardBoundCostaRica.org
Our Communications Office is a collaborative team of four full-time staff members responsible for enrollment, marketing and customer service tasks organization-wide. Our team works to increase course participation across all target audiences and ensure excellent customer service—from prospective students, to families of students currently on course, to alumni and partners.
To intern at Outward Bound Costa Rica, you don’t have to be an expert in outdoor adventure or Costa Rica—in fact, we love people who are curious and eager to learn and we are happy to help you grow. But, we do look for driven individuals who are not afraid to jump right in.
ROLE OF VIDEO & MARKETING INTERN
You’re role on our team is to assist with marketing strategies and be a storyteller—researching outreach opportunities, drafting social media content, and crafting compelling videos to share with thousands of our followers. This internship will provide you with invaluable content creation skills and will teach you how to strategically market assets to a social following. You’ll be supporting the entire organization, the marketing team and report to our Media & Marketing Manager.
Some of the time would be spent engaging with students, but the majority of the time will be spent in the office, with responsibilities that include but are not limited to:
· Gathering photos that instructors take from course and organizing them in our databases.
· Researching outreach strategies.
· Writing content for our blog.
· Drafting and scheduling social media content.
· Being a creative force of content idea generation.
· Producing promotional videos and photos on courses and around the rainforest base.
· Interviewing students on camera and off camera for quotes.
· Leading post production efforts from editing and audio to compression, formatting and exporting.
The ideal candidate must possess:
• Strong English writing, proofreading and copy editing skills.
• Good photography and video production skill set with a portfolio of demonstrated work
• Demonstrated expertise in editing software including: Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, and Lightroom
• Experience in leading a production workflow
• Conversational Spanish speaking skills
• Cultural sensitivity
• Detail oriented
• Demonstrated interest in education and/or study abroad programs
• Positive attitude & a sense of humor
Outward Bound Costa Rica does not provide any filming or editing equipment, and you are responsible for bringing your own computer and software. This would include the following:
• DSLR camera with video capabilities and lenses
• Adobe video editing software
• Audio equipment (on camera shotgun and/or lapel mic)
• Waterproof casing and equipment
• A monthly stipend covering basic costs such as food and local transportation.
• Private room in a shared house and kitchen on our main base (located SE of San Jose in San Ramon de Tres Rios) – all utilities included (water, electricity, phone, cable TV, wireless internet)
• Travelers insurance – Visit WorldNomads.com for more information on their “Explorer Plan” coverage.
• Access to approved Outward Bound Costa Rica course activities & equipment for personal use.
• Use of Manuel Antonio beach base when not working & when approved by the Program Director.
NOTE: Airfare to and from Costa Rica is NOT included.
DURATION OF CONTRACT
The contract period is September through December 2018. Actual dates of arrival and departure will be agreed upon at contract signing.
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Submit cover letter, resume, and samples of your photo and video work to Deb Woolley, Director of Marketing & Communications at email@example.com. Specify “Video & Marketing Intern Application” in the subject line. Be sure to include details on your availability, both for interviews and ultimate start date, as well as how you heard about this job opportunity. No phone calls please.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT
Applications are due as soon as possible, but no later than June 1, 2018.