WFM-IGP Development Fellowship
- Internship posted by World Federalist Movement - Institute for Global Policy
708 Third Avenue
The World Federalist Movement-Institute for Global Policy (WFM-IGP) is a global citizens' movement working for peace, conflict prevention, international justice and sustainable development. WFM-IGP is co-located in The Hague, the Netherlands and New York, USA and has ECOSOC consultative status with the United Nations. WFM-IGP currently oversees the following programs: the Coalition for the International Criminal Court (CICC), the International Coalition for the Responsibility to Protect, and the International Democratic Governance program, among others.
WFM-IGP is currently seeking a full time Development Fellow, who will provide support to the Development Team, made up of the Development Associate and the Deputy Executive Director. The candidate must be organized, self-motivated, and detail oriented; able to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision, have exceptional writing and editing skills and attention to detail. The Fellow will report to the Senior Development Officer. Please note that this position includes a moderate monthly stipend.
For more information about WFM-IGP, please visit our website: www.wfm-igp.org
Assisting the Development team in their efforts to build and maintain support from foundations, governments, and individual donors by:
- Maintaining and cleaning the Salsa online donor database;
- Processing grants and donations received;
- Assisting to launch new Salsa Engage donation page for the website;
- Drafting and editing letters, proposals, reports, profiles, and other materials;
- Assisting in the planning and drafting of the Annual Report
- Assisting with prospect research;
- Providing administrative support to the Development department, including scheduling of meetings and liaising with staff and external partners;
- Other tasks as required to assist with the overall administration and strategy of the development team.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Advanced computer proficiency with a good understanding of databases, Word, and Excel;
- Familiarity with Fundraising/Development;
- Excellent research skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team while managing multiple projects simultaneously, as well as being able to work under pressure and with tight deadlines;
- Excellent organizational, planning, and logistical skills with a proactive attitude and attention to detail;
- Sensitivity and skill in working with people of diverse national and cultural backgrounds;
- Affinity with WFM-IGP’s goals and objectives.
- Previous experience in Individual Giving;
- Previous experience in a nonprofit environment;
- Previous experience in design;
- Fluency in second language (Preferably French, Spanish or Dutch)
- Knowledge of WFM-IGP and its mission.
Terms and Opportunities:
- Moderate monthly stipend;
- Entry level position with potential for advancement
- Opportunity to work for a global organization and to interact daily with an enthusiastic and international staff and partners.
How To Apply
How to Apply:
Please send the following (in English):
- A cover letter explaining your interest in WFM-IGP and detailing your suitability for the position;
- Your resume;
- Names & contact details (with phone numbers & email addresses) of three references; and
- A writing sample (minimum two pages).
Please email applications to: email@example.com
Please include your full name and the job title (“Development Fellow”) in the subject line of your email.
No phone calls, please.
Application deadline: June 1, 2018
WFM-IGP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer strongly committed to hiring and retaining a diverse and internationally representative staff.