57 Willoughby Street
This is your chance to be part of an award-winning, high-quality early childhood education program which has been serving Brooklyn's at-risk children for more than 125 years. Brooklyn Kindergarten Society’s mission is to provide high-quality early childhood education and family support services for children from low-income communities, ensuring that children develop the social, emotional, physical and cognitive skills they need to succeed.For more information about BKS visit our website at www.bksny.org.
We are currently seeking teachers who are interested in joining our team of hard working and enthusiastic educators who want to make a measurable difference in the lives of children.
- Planning- ensure lesson plans reflect unit of study, develop intentional learning activities, identify individualized goals for children, identify what parents can do to help children achieve these goals, and identify classroom materials needed to support curriculum implementation.
- Program Implementation- provide a positive and language-rich environment for children, maintain Head Start Health & Safety Standards, and implement effective and developmentally appropriate whole-group, small-group, and individualized instruction.
- Relationship Building- foster and maintain positive relationships with fellow teachers, family workers, students’ parents and guardians, and key stakeholders (e.g., community partnerships). Work cooperatively with your teaching team to develop lesson plans, activities, and behavior management plans.
- Assessment system- document then assess student performance using Teaching Strategies GOLD, develop differentiated instruction based on on-going student data, and participate in Data Analysis meetings.
- Promoting professional growth- assume responsibility for continued professional growth by engaging in self-reflection, staff meetings, professional development days, training sessions and workshops as assigned.
- Confidentiality-keep all staff and family information confidential.
- Fulfill roles as mandated reporter as stated in Child Abuse and Neglect Polices.
- Perform any other work-related duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Center Director
- NYS Professional ECE Certification (Birth-Grade 2) OR Valid NYS Permanent Certification B-2 or N-6.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working with children ages 2-4 years old
- A 2.5 minimum culminate undergraduate GPA
- Bachelor's degree in early childhood education, Masters preferred
- Experience working with low-income populations and diverse cultures.
Job Type: Full-time
Minimum Education Required