1428 Wesley Avenue
Essential Functions* of the position are detailed below and include any physical requirements checked below:
1. Primarily responsible for the interior and exterior maintenance and cleaning of assigned work areas in order to provide a clean and safe work environment;
2. Performs daily cleaning duties, including but not limited to: sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning walls, windows, restrooms, emptying and cleaning trash containers, when needed;
3. Keeps supplies well stocked and replenishes supplies, as necessary;
4. Informs supervisor of any facilities-related issues, work repairs, or necessary supplies;
5. Handles work orders in a timely, efficient, and safe manner;
6. Assists with the seasonal maintenance of the premises, including: snow and ice removal, spreading of salt when needed on all pavements, and the maintenance and groundskeeping of all landscape areas;
7. Ensures that all rooms and/or main areas are ready for daily use, meetings, or special events by arranging tables and chairs;
8. Complies with agency policies and procedures, professional standards, and external requirements of all relevant regulatory, licensing or accrediting bodies in the course of performing job expectations
9. May assist in transporting Agency donations, including furniture, as needed.
PLEASE NOTE:*Essential functions include all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
X Kneel and move from sitting, bending, kneeling or standing multiple times a day.
X Push and pull objects up to 50 pounds.
X Climb up and down up to 7 flights of stairs at a time.
X Lift up to 50 pounds.
X Additional Requirements: Job duties may need to be performed outdoors in varying weather conditions. Must be able to reach in all directions and climb a ladder, when needed.
Other Requirements: Comply with program and/or Agency requirements related to:
X Background check, including any program specific requirements
X Physical examination (Only for Service Area E)
X Drug Testing (Only for heavy machine operators in Service Area C or D)
X TB Testing (Only for Service Area E or Shelter staff)
X Driver's License and reliable transportation
X Agency-specified automobile insurance
X Additional Requirements: On occasion, may be required to work evening hours, weekends, and/or special events, as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Preferred: High School
Preferred: 3+ years of janitorial or facilities-related experience
Minimum: 1-2 years of janitorial or facilities-related experience
The Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and consideration for employment is made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For purposes of OFCCP (Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs) compliance, all initial submissions received through this website will be treated as job seekers.
Minimum Education Required