Audio-Visual Technology Coordinator (Part-time)
536 LaGuardia Place
The New York Chapter of the American Institute of Architects (AIA New York) and Center for Architecture (CFA) are currently seeking a part-time Audio-Visual Technology Coordinator to join its staff. The A/V team is responsible for the setup, teardown, operation, and maintainence of projection, audio, and video equipment used for a wide range of programs and events that take place at the Center for Architecture. This position works closely with AIANY and CFA Programs and Facilities staff, as well as rental clients and AIANY members to ensure that all events and meetings at the venue are executed smoothly.
This is a part-time position with variable weekly hours (5-15+ hr/wk) and is supervised by the A/V Manager. Center operating hours are weekdays 9am-8pm and Saturdays 11am-5pm, though work may extend outside of these hours and to Sundays.
• Interacting and responding to staff and client requests
• Preparing computers and content for use during events
• Instructing presenters on proper usage of microphones and computers
• Setting up equipment like microphones, projectors, panel tables to the specifications for each event
• Monitoring presentation and troubleshooting A/V equipment during events
• Create and edit podcasts of recorded events
• Recording events using ceiling mounted cameras and HD camera
• Edit event footage and promotional material
• Stream and record webinars of special events
• Properly cleaning and storing equipment after each event.
• Assisting Audio-Visual Manager with various tasks such as testing/ installation of equipment and inventory
• Compress event footage and transfer to RAID units for storage and future edits
• Professional experience in A/V, technology, live events, or other related fields
• Understanding of signal flow in audio and video systems
• Basic understanding of common audio and video connectors, cables and formats
• Expert knowledge of PowerPoint, Keynote, Adobe Acrobat and other Apple, PC or online-based presentation programs
• Ability to work graciously under pressure; ability to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks
• Excellent customer service skills with very high-level clientele
• Ability to communicate highly technical information to clientele with little to no previous experience
• Proactive attitude
• Creative and quick problem solving with ability to troubleshoot
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience with Crestron systems preferred
• Experience mixing live sound
• Video recording experience highly preferred
• Experience using Adobe Premiere to edit and export video highly preferred
• Schedule flexibility
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter to info [at] aiany [dot] org. The cover letter should be included in the body of the email, and resume should be attached as a .PDF file.
Applicants that do not follow these instructions will not be considered. No phone calls, please.