Position Summary: The Data and Analytics Specialist is responsible for working within the Business Intelligence Team to provide statistics and analytical interpretations to Regional Managers, cross-divisional teams and other outside stakeholders through;
- Compilation, aggregatation, analysis, interpretation, reporting and developing possible observations /recommendations involving shelter statistics/data/results, community assessments, industry data, demographics, etc. with the goal being to assist in decisions regarding issues pertaining to our 2025 initiative;
- Keeping abreast of trends and best practices and statistical needs identified to improve understanding of target markets and programs to enhance business goals;
- Serving as a connection and knowledge-source for internal BFAS divisions as well as possible external organizations.
This position will aid in establishing Best Friends as the innovator and leader in the No Kill Movement, by ensuring the accuracy and consistency of the information that is reported to the public and to our stakeholders.
- Obtain and interpret statistical and economic data to help in developing strategies for communities, states and/or regions to reach a 90% save rate by 2025.
- Oversee the collection and compilation of shelter data from Regional Specialists and recognized / approved public resources.
- Work with Manager-Marketing Analytics to validate and "scrub" the data received into IT Data Warehouse to ensure correctness, lack of duplication, etc., to develop the "official" organizational National Shelter Dataset and prepare its distribution to proper stakeholders within the organization.
- Analyze data for any trends, needs or other observations, as needed/requested and communicate relevant findings to applicable areas within the Best Friends organization.
- Collaborate with IT staff on the shelter-data collection process and National Shelter Database, including exploring opportunities to enhance the data available to improve marketing effectiveness and communication.
- Collaborate with all Regional Directors and Regional Specialists (as well as external stakeholders as requested) on data analysis and interpretation, including animal welfare information, demographic analyses of geographic area(s), National Shelter Dataset information, etc., as approved by Manager.
- Create timely and meaningful reports, ad-hoc analyses, forecasts, etc., to fulfill the planning and metrics needs of internal and external requests, and assist in planning and decision-making, including but not limited to:
- Compiling statistics and analyses needed for grants;
- Compiling statistics for the evaluation of certain geographic/demographic areas to aid in the creation/implemention of support programs;
- Compiling information for publications, etc.;
- Respond to requests for statistics and/or analysis
- Support various members of the organization in calculating and reporting program results, metrics, etc.
- Assist in developing measurement systems and metrics to gauge program/mission effectiveness and progress, and providing findings to management and other stakeholders.
- Work with Manager and stakeholders on analytical studies as assigned.
- Work with Manager in determining any other necessary datasets needed to do proper analyses (e.g., Claritas demographics, PRIZM information, zip radii, internal BFAS database information, shelter data, on-line research, information for the quarterly scorecard, the Annual Report, Best Friends Conference presentations and other internal and external sources as requested. etc.).
- Aid other members of Business Intelligence Department in gathering data and or analyses as needed (i.e., No-Kill City projects, research and survey projects, states verifivation programming, etc.)
- Support the Enterprise Data Warehouse team in their efforts to standardize collection and reporting of data.
- Other duities as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Education in statistics, analytics or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in computer software applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook (or equivalent). Familiarity working with Nielsen-Claritas demographics and census information, or comparible, a plus.
- Comfort in learning new software programs, databases and online information systems as they become relevant and necessary (e.g., SAC, Nielsen-Claritas, BFAS data warehouse, Tableau softeware, etc.)
- 2+ year(s) experience in statistical gathering and interpretation.
- Ability to analyze data (self-gathered or independent), and prepare/present understandable reports (oral and/or written) for others within the organization.
- Demonstrated high comfort level with mathematics, statistics and data analysis-related skills.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including being: team player, professional, upbeat, flexible and willing to take initiative.
- A professional advocate for Best Friends' positions and issues.
- Must be able to sit, type, look, and work at a computer screen for extended periods of time with repetitive typing, arm and hand motion.
Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.