Full Time Contract
The Global Crop Diversity Trust is an international organization with Headquarters in Bonn, Germany whose mission is to ensure the conservation and availability of crop diversity for food security worldwide. For further information about the Global Crop Diversity Trust, consult the web page at http://croptrust.org
The Global Crop Diversity Trust is seeking candidates for the position of:
Campaign Manager – Food Forever Initiative
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Campaign Manager will lead the Food Forever Initiative (FFI), a multi-stakeholder effort to build awareness and support the case for protecting agricultural biodiversity worldwide. This effort is carried out in close collaboration with the Crop Trust’s Head of Global Initiatives, Head of Communications, and Head of Partnerships. The Campaign Manager will be based at the Trust’s offices in Bonn, Germany. Specifically the Manager will:
- Lead the activities of the Food Forever Initiative;
- Manage the FFI budget and liaise regularly with Crop Trust Finance staff;
- Organize meetings both at the Secretariat and in other venues, including support to travel and logistics
- Proactively identify and coordinate FFI participation in relevant events, such as international conferences or working group meetings;
- Contribute to the strategic development and goal-setting of the initiative;
- Represent FFI through speaking engagements;
- Liaise with and engage FFI champions in FFI activities;
- Maintain regular contact with FFI donors and Partner Organizations, including face-to-face meetings, as necessary;
- Explore and engage with relevant SDG reporting and monitoring mechanisms;
- Research new funding opportunities;
- Compile reports, supporting documentation and general content relating to FFI, including those for the website, social media, donors, partners, the Committee of Overseers, and the Crop Trust Executive Board;
- Support the development and implementation of the FFI communications strategy, in collaboration with the Crop Trust’s Communications Team, including contributing to the development of communications tools, such the Food Forever website;
- Lead FFI social media activity in support of the overall FFI communications strategy;
- Contract and manage external consultants;
- Manage all correspondence for the FFI
- Perform any other duties as required.
Candidate Profile: You are a natural networker who is able to work the room and engage a wide range of stakeholders – from scientists to chefs to politicians - either individually or presenting on a stage. You’ll already have experience in managing campaigns at a national or international level, and will have a good understanding of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and the importance of conserving agrobiodiversity for global food security. You’ll be upbeat, proactive and quick to spot opportunity to advance the FFI mission. You will also be highly organized and committed to supporting administrative tasks, while simultaneously steering a strong, successful campaign.
Terms and Conditions: The Crop Trust offers an attractive remuneration package including a competitive salary, non-contributory retirement savings plan, medical insurance and leave provisions. This is a Professional position classified as Level 4, with Level 6 being the highest. The salary range for Level 4 starts at Euro 55,000. All benefits are denominated and paid in Euros. Staff of the Crop Trust (including German nationals) are exempt from host country income tax. Relocation costs are covered for candidates residing outside of the Bonn/Cologne or surrounding areas. The initial contract duration will be till 31 December 2020 and will be subject to a probationary period of 12 months.
Level of Language Proficiency
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Advanced University Degree or equivalent in a relevant field
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in a similar position, preferably in an international working environment.
- Fluent English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of other languages is an advantage (especially French, Spanish and/or German)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to interact effectively with a wide range of collaborators from different cultural backgrounds
- Strong client orientation and service approach.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications: Interested candidates should submit the following (incomplete applications will not be considered):
1. A letter of motivation (maximum 500 words) indicating how you meet the expected set of skills and competencies for the position and outlining your qualifications and experience
2. Your Curriculum Vitae in English (please include your current residence address, telephone, fax and email address, date of birth, gender and nationality);
3. Names and full contact details of at least three referees.
The above items should be sent to: Human Resources Office, Global Crop Diversity Trust, preferably by email at email@example.com no later than 8 June 2018. Alternatively, applications can be sent by mail to the following address: Platz der Vereinten Nationen 7, 53113 Bonn, Germany. All mailed applications must be postmarked by the above deadline. Please quote source of advertisement.