Bellwether Housing is a highly respected non-profit housing organization, providing affordable apartments to 1,900 households in 30 properties throughout Seattle. We seek an experienced Property Management Specialist to join our Property Management Department.
This position will provide property management expertise in leasing and building coverage for the portfolio.
- Use basic carpentry, plumbing, and electrical skills in living units and common areas.
- Assist with renovation projects and with non-routine unit preparations.
- Work independently and, on occasion, assist with staff supervision.
- Assist with referring resident concerns to appropriate staff.
- Seek to provide residents with a safe, positive and sanitary environment
- Two years prior maintenance (carpentry, electrical, and plumbing) experience in an apartment setting, or three years prior maintenance (carpentry, electrical, and plumbing) experience in a high-volume, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Motivated individual with ability to work independently or as part of a team. Positive attitude a must.
- Highly organized; capable of taking personal initiative in a project as needed, making sure all work is completed and of high quality.
- Ability to complete strenuous work for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional customer service attitude.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Good oral and written communication skills and ability to communicate in English.
- Dependable, self-motivated individual with a stable work history.
- Carpentry, plumbing, and electrical repair knowledge.
- HVAC knowledge and experience.
- Boiler knowledge and experience.
- Supervisory and project management skills.
Other Position Requirements:
- Must pass a criminal history background check.
- A valid driver’s license, automobile insurance, and a safe driving record.
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8-5
Compensation: $17.25 -$18.75 per hour DOE, benefits
If you’re working over 20 hour per week you can accrue 24 days of PTO in your first year. We have a 403(b)-retirement plan with employer matching after 15 months of service and we offer a health reimbursement plan to employees and dependents. We have flexible spending accounts, STD/LTD, life insurance, and commuter benefits.
Minimum Education Required