The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI's finance team is based out of our Boston office, which provides operational support to programmatic teams working in over 35 countries around the world. Our teams work to improve access to quality health care and focus on a number of different issues and disease areas including, but not limited to HIV, vaccines, malaria, and maternal and newborn health.
CHAI's Accounts Payable team is seeking a Senior Analyst. This role will be based in Boston, MA.
- Prepare and complete a variety of accounting tasks including General Ledger reconciliation, journal entries, batch-posting verification and correction, and expense allocation. Actively participate in monthly and year-end closings by accurately completing all required actions.
- Conduct the financial reconciliation of CHAI’s VISA credit card program for individual travelers. Monitor expense charges for policy compliance. Conduct monthly financial reconciliations of VISA charges in accordance with accounting rules.
- Manage all aspects of the Debit/Credit Program (2). Ensure sufficient secured funding is available to offset maximum spending to imposed cardholder credit limits. Reconcile bank account transactional data. Monitor expense charges for policy compliance. Conduct monthly financial reconciliations of VISA charges in accordance with accounting rules.
- Train all Debit/Credit Program cardholders in program requirements.
- Audit monthly credit card charges to ensure compliance with organizational policies, government regulations, and accounting requirements. Secure timely resolution of out-of-policy / regulation expenses. Provide monthly reporting of findings.
- Assist in maintaining and developing financial systems and tools used for invoice, VISA, and expense report processing.
- Be responsible for SAP Concur expense system profile setup and maintenance.
- Manage all administrative and logistical functions of the monthly allocation of multi-program payments program.
- Utilize analytical skills to draw conclusions from data and to recommend strategies for business process enhancement or remedial action. Analyze and report on monthly financial data.
- Generate easy-to-interpret reports based on collected data.
- Identify and recommend data that when tracked would assist in the development of fraud prevention practices and processes to alleviate financial risk.
- Comply with all personal identification protection practices as defined by CHAI.
- Audit Global Vendor Master File that works within CHAI’s global financial system to ensure detail accuracy and that each vendor’s set-up complies with governmental laws and organizational policies.
- Accurately complete monthly required AP Control and KPI Reports
- Assist in financial audits by providing requested documentation timely.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and improved policies, practices, and procedures; Provide support in the documentation of standard operating practices.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of financial systems and upgrades.
- Collaborate regularly with cross-functional team members to ensure the timely and accurate recording of financial data. Work effectively in support of building a team-based culture of work.
- Provide responsive and timely customer service to CHAI employees and partners.
- Provide constructive, creative, and cost effective ideas and recommendations for process improvement.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects and provide financial analysis and special project support when required.
- Train new CHAI hires and Accounts Payable Team in AP processes, reconciliation and allocation practices.
- Prioritize all work to complete responsibilities within designated time frames. Be accountable for the outcomes of task assignments in the completion of assigned responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or minimum 3 years relevant professional work experience required
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices required
- Experience in spreadsheet reconciliation and analysis
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently on complex projects in a less structured environment
- Ability to multi-task and to be effective in high pressure situations
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with organizational network financial systems
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments
- Accounts Payable experience
- Advanced skills in Excel
- SAP Concur experience