Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
1529 Sixteenth Street NW
The Edlavitch DC Jewish Community (Edlavitch DCJCC) seeks a senior development professional to join the Development team in the area of major gifts. S/he will provide leadership in formulating and implementing effective goals, strategies, and activities to secure major and principal gifts in the five-six figure range. The Major Gifts Officer will provide collaborative leadership in strategizing and facilitating opportunities for major gift fundraising at the EDCJCC.
This position will report to the Director of Development and Marketing and will work collaboratively and strategically with the Director of Development and Marketing, Chief Executive Officer, and executive and director level staff throughout the institution.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising program for the EDCJCC, specifically in the area of major gifts from new, individual donors
- Manage a portfolio of 100 – 150 prospective major donors with a focus on expanding major donor interest and giving and building donor relationships
- Develop and implements individual action plans to increase the giving of existing major donors
- Work with Director of Development and Marketing, Chief Executive Officer, and director level program staff to conduct prospect identification, research, solicitation, and stewardship
- Provide fundraising guidance and oversight on web and printed donor materials and communications
- Event support, and other duties as assigned
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
Full time preferred; open to part time. Full time days and hours of work are generally 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday – Thursday, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM Friday. Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required.
Qualifications, skills, and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least four - six years’ fundraising experience including proven success in developing major new donors.
- Ability to track progress of each major account using database programs and Microsoft Excel.
- Established track record of identifying, cultivating, soliciting, closing, and maintaining major gifts from individuals.
- Self-Starter. High energy personality with ability to identify and develop new donors.
- Team-player. Proven ability to work well and collaboratively with teams in complex situations and to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Able to participate in agency/community events, as necessary.
The Edlavitch DCJCC offers a generous benefits/vacation package.
Minimum Education Required