District of Columbia
About Hispanics in Philanthropy
Hispanics in Philanthropy (HIP), a nonprofit with more than 33 years of experience, bridges the gap between funders and Latinx nonprofits across the Americas. HIP partners with a transnational network of foundations to make impactful investments in the Latinx community, and we help Latinx nonprofits access funds and develop their leadership so they can effectively address the most pressing issues facing our communities.
HIP seeks a full-time Grant Writer to assist HIP’s Development and Programs teams in writing grant reports, grant proposals, research briefings, and other writing projects as needed. The ideal candidate is a skilled and talented writer and editor with impeccable organizational skills.
This full-time position will ideally be based in HIP’s headquarters in Oakland, CA, or in Washington D.C., but remote candidates will be considered.
Manage the grant reporting process, which includes:
- Using the Salesforce database to monitor the grant report schedule and making sure all team members are apprised of upcoming deadlines.
- Coordinating the writing, review, and submission process for all reports.
- Serve as lead writer for all general grant reports, and support program staff in the writing and editing of their program-specific grant reports.
- Work with program staff to review and define outcomes and indicators for each new grant received, and develop systems to track those deliverables, to ensure that HIP is meeting its obligations to its funding partners.
- Assist with grant writing process as needed, including conducting background research and providing writing and editing support.
- Other writing projects as needed to support the Programs and Development teams. This could include assisting with evaluation reports, research briefings for funders to learn about Latino issues, blog posts, press releases, etc.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A passion for Latinx issues and HIP’s mission
- Prior grant writing/ grant reporting experience is preferred
- Accuracy and clarity in all writing, research and editing tasks
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to keep track of and make progress on various tasks at the same time
- High professional and ethical standards
- A proven track record of results, an ability to be focused and detailed, to meet deadlines and juggle multiple tasks, to be organized and effective
- Must be a flexible team player, while keeping a big-picture perspective and a sense of humor
- Ability to manage high-pressure situations and respond with aplomb to the unexpected
- Must be tech savvy with a demonstrated proficiency in a Windows environment, including word processing, database and spreadsheet work
- Experience and high comfort level in multicultural or international environments (including the Americas), a plus
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize, delegate, and meet deadlines
- A high degree of independence, creativity, and initiative
- Collaborative yet innovative thinker that enjoys working across teams, disciplines, and work environments
- Comfort working with remote offices
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not essential
- Proficiency with CRM databases (HIP uses Salesforce) MS Office Suite, and Google Suites
- Experience working on issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion; experience working on these issues in the Latinx community a plus
HIP offers a competitive compensation package with benefits that include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k matching, Employee Assistance Program, as well as paid vacation, holidays, and sick time. Salary commensurate with experience.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not essential
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email the following materials to email@example.com. Include your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Grant Writer”) in the subject line of your email.
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining why you’re the right fit for this role and organization, including your available start date.
- Two writing samples. This could be a grant proposal or grant report (preferred) or another professional sample that showcases your skills.
Please note that due to a high volume of applicants, HIP will only contact candidates selected for an interview. Candidates whose applications do not complete the aforementioned requirements will not be considered.
Hispanics in Philanthropy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.