Part Time Temporary
6505 Avenue Somerled
The NDG Food Depot is currently looking to hire two passionate and qualified Collective Garden Facilitators to run weekly garden sessions in our collective gardens. One position is for 28 hours/week and one is for 11 hours/week. Both contracts are for 32 weeks.
Full description of job offer here
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
Collective garden facilitator
• Lead collective garden sessions:
• Facilitate the social dynamic of garden sessions. This includes ensuring the physical, mental, and emotional safety of garden members, supporting democratic processes, encouraging knowledge and social exchanges between participants;
• Understand and be willing to develop your knowledge about the technical aspects of ecological horticulture and vegetable production, and ensure the ecological production of produce in the gardens;
• Share knowledge and promote our values of urban agriculture and ecological gardening methods, food security and food sovereignty, healthy living habits, and environmental stewardship;
• Create and reinforce links between gardeners of diverse backgrounds and abilities, the NDG Food Depot, and the community;
• Assist in the logistical and planning aspects of gardens
• Participate in team meetings, workshops, and other organizational events
• Collect information related to the collective garden program, including comments and testimonials from members, and write end-of-season reports.
• Must be 30 years old or younger.
• $15/hour, salaried;
• Contract start: April 2nd, 2018;
• Contract end: November 11th, 2018;
• The employee receives paid vacation (4%), sick days and personal days, during contract;
• The employee will receive regular organic produce from the gardens;
• The employee will participate in CPR training and receive a certification.
Level of Language Proficiency
French and English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Questions about the jobs or the application process?
Please contact Rebeka Dutra at email@example.com or 514-483-4680 x220.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter by email to Marguerite Kinfack at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application period: Rolling applications from February 15th - March 10th, 2018, at 5pm. We may read applications and interview candidates before the applications close. Only selected candidates will be contacted.