ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The National Alliance on Mental Illness of New York City, Inc. (NAMI-NYC) is a grassroots organization that helps families and individuals affected by mental illness build better lives through education, support, and advocacy. As one of the largest affiliates of the National Alliance on Mental Illness, NAMI-NYC works collaboratively with state and national affiliates, and with stakeholders in the community, to educate the public, increase awareness, advocate for legislation, reduce stigma, and improve the mental health care system.
We are making a difference in the lives of the individuals we serve every single day, most especially during these challenging times. To learn more, visit www.naminyc.org.
- Develop and grow a new business-based suite of program offerings focusing on workplace mental health and wellness
- Advise businesses in developing, launching, and sustaining their mental health and wellness strategies and initiatives
- Deliver programs and advisory services directly to corporate customers
- Maintain relationships that connect corporate partners with NAMI-NYC to promote sponsorships and other philanthropy efforts
This is a full-time, exempt, position, located in New York City (working remotely for now due to the pandemic) and reports to NAMI-NYC’s Executive Director.
Strategy and business plan
- Develop business plan including understanding how to differentiate NAMI-NYC from other organizations/companies who deliver similar services or who produce workplace mental health offerings
- Develop and maintain potential client list
- Engage with clients (inbound/outbound) to asses, understand, and address top priorities and needs
- Align with other NAMI-NYC colleagues to develop, implement and refine strategy and business plans
- Collaborate with NAMI (national) as appropriate
- Through research and knowledge partnerships, maintain best practices in the field ensuring that all delivered information is current, relevant and of high impact.
Content development and improvement of content
- Lead “discovery calls” to identify client needs to ensure targeted, customized output
- Build a workplace mental health services strategy, including definition of unique value proposition, pricing strategy, priority customer segments, and comprehensive curriculum modules
- Design and develop research-based and interactive training content, formats, and exercises
- Lead the development and maintenance of program content and follow-up consultation
- Coordinate and facilitate , including the engagement of NAMI NYC staff and volunteers as appropriate
- Assess, reimagine, develop and implement the training process, guidelines and materials
- Develop handouts and other reference materials to distribute to clients, including leveraging virtual platforms as appropriate
- Lead sessions where appropriate
- Develop follow-up technical assistance and other support strategies to ensure learning comprehension and effective utilization of information.
- Track and report metrics including customer feedback
- Train and develop NAMI-NYC colleagues and volunteers to assist in program delivery
Lead and develop function
- Develop, manage and deliver program plans and rollout
- Develop and deliver B2B marketing communications to build demand (collaborate with Communication Director and Development Director)
- Lead process with potential clients including the development of pitch materials and follow-ups
- Collaborate with other NAMI-NYC colleagues
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Experience delivering engaging and interactive content and facilitating trainings/running large group discussions required
- Strategic thinker/entrepreneurial style required
- Project management experience required
- Business development/relationship management experience required
- Experience with adult learning models and curriculum design strongly preferred
- Experience in a corporate setting strongly preferred
- Experience with Design Thinking strongly preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience related to issues of mental health, either personally or as a family member
- Proven self-starter with excellent judgment and careful attention to detail.
- Adaptable, organized and able to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, and initiative.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers, Google Apps and Microsoft applications.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends