LTSC is a social services and community development organization based in Los Angeles’ Little Tokyo. Our mission is to provide a comprehensive array of social welfare and community development services to assist low income individuals and other persons in need, contribute to community revitalization and cultural preservation in Little Tokyo and among the broader Japanese community in the Southland, and to provide such resources to neighboring Asian Pacific Islander and other low income communities.
LTSC Resident Services provides services to residents and families living in many of LTSC’s affordable housing buildings through after-school programming, academic enrichment, tenant meetings and activities, financial education, financial capacity building and civic engagement programs.
The Program Support Officer will work closely with the Neighborhood Services Coordinator and Resident Services staff to assist with the development and implementation of programs and services for residents in LTSC’s affordable housing buildings and surrounding neighborhoods
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Implement VITA programs at specific sites by:
- Providing administrative support for the VITA Site Supervisor at tax clinics.
- Providing interpretation services for site supervisor and volunteers.
- Managing intake and screening processes at tax clinics.
- Assisting with set up and cleanup of tax clinics.
- Assisting with producing reports on a timely basis.
- Providing tax returns at sites as needed.
- Attend relevant meetings and trainings.
- Coordinate weekly activities for senior adults
- Manage LTSC’s fresh produce and pantry food bag delivery program
- Oversee volunteers and coordinate schedules
- Manage residents phone calls and requests
- Additional department services identified by Neighborhood Services Coordinator
Minimum Requirements / Qualifications (All applicants MUST meet the minimum qualifications):
- An Associate’s from an accredited College or University
- Ability to receive required VITA tax filing certification for Basic and Advanced courses; Training will be provided.
- Bilingual capacity (English/Spanish) and/or (English/Japanese). Other languages welcomed.
- Strong understanding and commitment to working with a multicultural community.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft programs and MAC systems.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and a willingness to participate fully in a team process.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, multi-task and problem solve.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and communication skills.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of the use and operation of personal computers.
- A valid Class C California Driver License, access to personal automobile, and proof of auto insurance.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Physical requirements: seeing to inspect documents; ability to communicate with LTSC staff, clients and public; sitting and standing for extended periods of time; bending, kneeling and reaching to retrieve and replace files; and dexterity of hands and fingers to operate office equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University
- Previous experience managing or volunteering at a VITA site.
- Demonstrable knowledge and skill in personal income tax filing.