Details: Salary commiserate with experience
353 Newbury Street
The Shah Family foundation is looking for a new Project Manager to join our team. To be successful in this role, you should be proactive, incredibly organized, meet deadlines and communicate effectively. Our ideal candidate has previous experience managing complex projects and working with both internal and external stakeholders.
We are looking less for someone with specific experience and more for the right person who should be excited about the idea of rolling up their sleeves and getting their hands dirty to successfully complete projects. You should always believe there is a solution to a problem and be willing to dig until it's uncovered.
This role will manage a wide range of projects, some of which are currently in practice and some that have yet to be thought up. You can learn more about some of our existing projects here. You should be a self-starter, able to independently drive projects forward, a collaborative team player, and excited to work in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and project management for multiple project’s entire life cycle;
- Support implementation and change management with partner organizations;
- Establish and continually assess progress against milestones and timelines to ensure adherence to the project plan;
- Develop proposals, recommendations and presentations;
- Maintain all project documents, data, action items and other key information;
- Create meeting agendas, take meeting minutes, and follow-up with team to coordinate next steps and track project deliverables.;
- Researches and tracks latest trends and best practices concerning Foundation focus areas;
- Communicates results and insights with management (e.g., through live presentations and ongoing analysis/reports);
Project Manager Requirements:
3 - 5 years or more of proven professional experience. Experience as a project manager, consultant, or program manager a plus, however we will consider people from all professional backgrounds.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Professional level verbal and written communications skills
About the Shah Family Foundation
The Shah Family Foundation supports innovative and transformative work in education, healthcare and the community. We believe that interesting and lasting solutions sit where these intersect. Our primary work and support is centered in Boston, with the goal of sharing broadly the programs and innovations that prove successful in our home town.
For us, it's about Innovation & The People. We invest in smart, creative, thoughtful people, doing innovative and transformative work. In some case, we roll up our sleeves and become part of the team for a time. Providing analysis, connections, introductions and thought partnership in addition to grants. We like fixing things and seeing things work better and stronger than before
We offer a competitive benefits package including paid time off, health insurance, 401k contribution, and more.
Minimum Education Required