1776 Massachusetts Avenue, NW
Please note: Power to Decide is located in Washington, DC but for this position we are willing to consider applicants located within the continental United States.
About Power to Decide
Power to Decide, the campaign to prevent unplanned pregnancy, believes that all young people should have the opportunity to pursue the future they want, realize their full possibility, and follow their intentions. These beliefs guide our work to ensure that all young people have the power to decide if, when, and under what circumstances to get pregnant. We provide objective, evidence- based information about sexual health and contraceptive options, and we work to guarantee equitable access to and information about the full range of contraceptive methods.
We are a national, non-partisan organization that is committed to common ground, common sense solutions and catalyzing innovation in the public and private sectors.
The Senior Director, Marketing will create, lead, and implement the organization’s marketing strategy and activities that elevate and enhance the organization, its brand, its objectives, its programs, its successes and its development activities. S/he will be the organization’s primary brand curator and, in this role, build broader engagement with the organization among its current and future partners and audiences, including donors. We are looking for an individual who is energetic, outgoing, creative, and who has a strong ability to build productive relationships across constituencies. This is a new position within the organization and will report to the Chief Development Officer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the development and implementation of an integrated strategic marketing plan to generate new and sustained awareness of, and engagement with, Power to Decide, all of its sub-brands and programs across key stakeholder audiences.
- Refining and growing brand messaging strategies that advance the organization’s brand identity and broaden awareness for its programs among a variety of audiences.
- Leading the creation of an integrated content marketing strategy for the organization’s digital platforms and materials.
- Planning and executing creative and data-driven campaigns, using data and research on successfully engaging audiences gleaned from other fields, to inform all marketing efforts. Contributing to revenue growth strategies and strategic partnership development.
- Partnering with the Development team on strategy and execution of online and email individual giving campaigns for Power to Decide.
- Developing and maintaining partnerships and strong relationships with like organization, advocates, sponsors, media partners, and funders.
- Conducting general market research to keep abreast of trends and creative marketing strategies.
- Working with the digital team to provide strategy and guidance on optimizing digital opportunities on social platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat.
- Working to ensure that consistency in brand voice is maintained throughout Power to Decide’s materials, programs, and online properties.
- Building the capacity of the Board, Advisory Group members, and staff to serve as effective brand ambassadors for the organization.
- Producing ideas for promotional events and activities, organizing them, and helping ensure they are successful.
- Monitoring progress and submitting performance reports.
We are looking for someone who will think big, embrace innovation, and seek new ways of addressing issues. S/he will be responsible, conscientious, adaptive, and resourceful. S/he will be value diversity of thought, backgrounds, and perspectives; be collaborative and proactive; and work effectively as part of an integrated cross-functional team. S/he will be able to comfortably embrace a non-ideological “big tent” approach to sexual health and unplanned pregnancy prevention, and be passionate about health equity and creating a culture in which all young people can thrive.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree and have 10 years of relevant work experience.
- S/he will have demonstrated experience in marketing communications and/or integrated marketing, particularly with a nonprofit or NGO organization.
- Experience with current marketing communications trends and practices required.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and strong attention to detail are an absolute must.
- S/he will have a passion and skill for marketing, and must be able to build relationships, follow through, meet deadlines, and be organized.
- Strong project management and organizational skills; ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously; ability to work independently on long-term projects.
- High degree of creativity, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- A passion for the written word, but also audio and video content as well.
- Ability to effectively present ideas and solutions in public settings, including speeches and presentations.
- The ability to complete assignments independently in accordance with accepted practices with an eye for resolving any conflicts that may arise.
- Strong research and analytical skills in order to evaluate the performance of activities.
- A proven record of working collaboratively across departments to complete assignments and deliver results.
The Senior Director, Marketing is an exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience and Power to Decide has an excellent benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 403b, flexible spending accounts, flexible work schedules, and generous leave. Power to Decide is committed to maintaining a diverse staff and an inclusive, multicultural environment. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, parenting status (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniformed service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required