30 West Gude Drive
The ALS Association – DC/MD/VA Chapter
Senior Event Manager
Reporting to the Vice President Development, the Senior Event Manager is primarily responsible for management, coordination and execution of fundraising initiatives to enhance the existing Walk to Defeat ALS program, Team Challenge program, and other Chapter event fundraisers to sustain their growth and increase revenue – with a heavy focus on corporate prospecting and fundraising. This is a full-time exempt position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Develop, implement and support 4-6 new and existing annual events such as the Walk to Defeat ALS, our signature walk-a-thon; Team Challenge endurance events, awards dinner, golf tournaments, etc.
· Assist in strategizing, setting budget and fundraising goals for annual programs.
· Build and execute strategic fundraising and cultivation plans that engage and inspire our volunteer and corporate prospects and partners and lay the groundwork for achieving annual revenue targets.
· Motivate, educate, and supply our fundraising committees and corporate partners with the tools and information needed to raise funds and spread ALS awareness.
· Cultivate and organize family, corporate, school, and other walk teams. Build relationships with walk chairs, team captains, and members to identify new corporate relationships that can be transformed into corporate sponsors or corporate walk teams.
· Solicit and secure corporate financial support, cultivate relationships with key corporate leaders who can support initiatives.
· Execute face to face meetings, phone and email contact with top walk teams, corporate partners/relations and high level executives. Schedule and execute public speaking engagements such as our lunch and learn program, kick offs and corporate cultivation meetings.
· Supervisor Event Coordinator and work as a cohesive team to ensure event fundraising goals are achieved and that events are logistically sound.
· Report to the Chapter’s Rockville Office five days a week between normal business hours of 8:30a.m. - 5:00p.m.
- Manage on-line fundraising programs and module
- Manage all logistics for events; venues, dates, permits and insurance information.
- Supervise and train volunteers for event day responsibilities.
· Develop and nurture opportunities where the Chapter is the beneficiary of fundraising opportunities; with third party events.
· Manage process for printing and distribution of event promotional materials.
· Track and manage event budgets, invoicing and negotiate vendor contracts.
· Manage Luminate Online Database and Raisers Edge including check entry, constituent updates and website development.
· Respond to constituent phone calls and e-mail inquiries in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree desirable; or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Chapter staff, board of directors, high level volunteers and donors.
- Commitment to organization, attention to detail, highly efficient and conscientious about thorough follow-up.
- Skilled communicator with superior interpersonal, verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work under and comply with continuous and multiple deadlines and evolving priorities. Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational and writing skills as well as diligent attention to detail.
- Employee must be able to lift or move 10 pounds, infrequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and an understanding of databases such as Raisers Edge and Luminate preferred.
- Must be available to work weekends and evenings to attend special events and support all event staff and the Executive Director.
- Qualified candidates must have the ability to successfully pass a background check.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
The ALS Association- DC/MD/VA Chapter provides a comprehensive health and dental insurance plan, long term disability and life insurance and the opportunity to participate in our 401(K) retirement plan . In addition, employees receive paid vacation, sick and personal days.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Tremetris Harrell at firstname.lastname@example.org .