Details: Commensurate with experience and salary history
2101 Crawford Street
Summary: The Development Associate coordinates development functions relating to fundraising activities, promotions, special events, record keeping and support for active volunteers. The Development Associate assists fundraisers with the development of proposals and reports, researching prospects, managing database records in support of fundraising initiatives and solicits and stewards donors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in developing and implementing fundraising campaigns.
- Research and develop donor and prospect profiles.
- Utilize the donor management system to track trends and giving histories of donors.
- Prepare and maintain call reports and develop logs of major donors, prospects, and proposals.
- Make regular, personal follow up calls to current and prospective donors, ensuring receipts and thank you letters are sent promptly and according to policy.
- Prepare, edit and review routine correspondence and proposals for donors.
- Plan and attend special events for fundraising purposes.
- Provide assistance and support to the Area Development Director and Development Director on ad hoc projects.
- Assist with recruitment, orientation and evaluation of new Board members, volunteers and committees members as necessary.
- Maintain donor and fund development records.
- Manage development databases and update mailing lists.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate's degree required; Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a four-year College or university preferred; or an equivalent combination of at least 5 years related experience, education and training.
Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills. Ability to create and maintain good working relationships with a variety of internal and external constituents. Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Medical, Dental, Vision insurance; Vacation, Sick, Personal leave; 403(b); Flex Spending; Pet Insurance
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information or to view other opportunities at UNCF, please visit: www.uncf.org.
UNCF, Inc. is an EOE M/F/V/D.