Do you think Washington should lead the nation with smart, progressive policies that build a just society and an economy that works for all of us? Do you want to help build a political climate that supports and demands bold progressive leadership?
So do we – and we are looking for a talented and ambitious Development Associate to help us make it happen!
Fuse is hiring a Development Associate to help strengthen and grow our organization, and to support innovative election and issue campaigns aimed at engaging more people in our democracy and advancing progressive change in Washington. The Development Associate is a critical position in our fundraising program that helps make our strategic organizing and communications campaigns possible.
The Development Associate will be responsible for assisting in the overall operations of the development department at Fuse. This includes managing our monthly donor program, supporting grant and donor management, event planning, marketing, and communications to donors. Applicants should be ambitious, innovative, results oriented, and interested in working in nonprofits, fundraising, politics, and/or advocacy. The goal of this position is to strengthen and grow our programs to build a more progressive political landscape in Washington state.
- Maintain and expand our base of monthly donors through personal phone and email solicitations and stewardship actions
- Support efforts to cultivate mid-level Fuse donors and identify prospective supporters
- Help to plan fundraising and donor stewardship events
- Maintain database, tracking, and acknowledgement systems
- Work with development and program staff to expand foundation funding
- Support organizational development strategies, including advancing Fuse’s racial equity goals
- Provide administrative support for fundraising operations
- Excellent listening and people skills
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent phone communications skills
- Experience building long-term relationships with volunteers or donors
- Experience managing a database or CRM
- Event planning and project management experience a plus
- Experience working on issue or electoral campaigns a plus
- Driver’s license and access to a car a plus
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Proactive self-starter, motivated by goals and eager to produce excellent results
- Thrives in a fast-paced campaign-style work environment, able to work gracefully under pressure, and successfully balance and meet deadlines
- Interest in growing into a frontline fundraising role over time
- Personal passion for advancing racial, social, economic, and environmental justice
- Ambitious about making positive change in the world, building a stronger progressive movement, and a more representative democracy
- Good sense of humor
Fuse Washington (www.fusewashington.org) is the state's largest progressive organization - people creating change online, on the ground, and on issues that matter. Our goal is to make sure progressives win more often. We want the kind of electoral and policy wins that build a just society, an economy that works for all of us, and a better world for the next generation. Our work makes it possible to win important campaigns on critical issues - like defeating an ultraconservative, homophobic, anti-environmental State Supreme Court Justice, extending light rail to the Eastside, or closing a tax loophole for Wall Street Banks instead of cutting basic health care for children.
We focus on four basic strategies to achieve our goals: 1) adding more people to the most important progressive campaigns, 2) helping progressives tell their stories more effectively, 3) increasing accountability and promoting leadership with elected officials, and 4) strategically targeting the obstacles to progress.
Salary is $44,000-$50,000, depending on experience. We provide excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage, retirement savings, ORCA transit pass, generous vacation time, and a flexible work environment with opportunities for professional development. Fuse has a strong team environment with great coworkers and a vibrant organizational culture.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If this sounds like the job for you, please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com with the subject heading “Development Associate.” This position will be open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. However, applications submitted by November 30 will be given priority consideration.
Send all questions regarding this position to Lauren Currin, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.
Fuse Washington is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. All interested individuals, including people of color, women, persons with disabilities and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or intersex are particularly encouraged to apply.