Details: Commensurate with experience.
50 Broad Street
NLIRH seeks a Bookkeeper/Accountant who has a strong and consistent attention to detail, possesses a good attitude and an ability to work as a team player. The position will report directly to the company’s Senior Director of Finance and Operations.
They will work as part of a dynamic energized Finance/Operations team both in New York City and the Washington DC offices. NLIRH also has offices in Florida, Texas, and Virginia.
LOCATION: New York City
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (to include, but not be limited to):
- Compile, enter and electronically post all expenses, contributions, and financial transactions for the organization;
- Record credit card transactions and verify transactions;
- Record Accounts Payable including rental contracts and general vendor records maintenance;
- Record Accounts Receivable, including preparation of monthly invoices and maintaining customer and vendor records;
- Record Payroll, benefits and related personnel expenses (working closely with the Director of Human Resources);
- Reconcile petty cash, credit card accounts, loans, notes, and bank account(s) in a timely manner;
- Maintain and balance program accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions, resolving discrepancies, working with Senior Director of Operations and Finance;
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information;
- Ensure reconciliation of all bank accounts on a monthly basis;
- Prepare project invoices and reports working closely with the Senior Director of Operations and Finance;
- Prepare and/or review of all expense reports for accuracy and proper expense disclosure;
- Maintain financial records completing the day-to-day and month-end bookkeeping, and creating various financial reports;
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts; reviewing for input accuracy and prepare monthly reports and journal entries, as needed;
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information;
- Coordinates with the Development Department for gift reconciliation; correct channeling of funds;
- Generate financial reports monthly, quarterly and year-end; review reports to verify accuracy;
- Provide annual detailed budget and quarterly updated forecasts of revenue and expenses and cash flow;
- Assist with records retention requirements;
- Assembles financial information for external accountant, auditors, or agencies, as directed;
- Acquires and maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; viewing internet trainings, making inquiries of approved consultants, etc.;
- Researches and makes best-practices recommendations to management; and
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting;
- 4+ years of bookkeeping experience;
- Reporting and analytical skills and results-oriented;
- Strong knowledge of computerized accounting and bookkeeping principles. Intacct experience preferred;
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism;
- Experienced in AP/ AR, Bank Reconciliations, General Ledger (accruals and journal entries);
- Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills;
- Must be expert in Excel (formulas, formatting, analysis);
- Must be an expert in Microsoft Outlook for managing emails;
- Computer literate in Microsoft OS, Office, and applications;
- Must be able to handle issues or questions with accounts/bills received;
- Maintain an orderly filing system.;
- Extensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles;
- Excellent numeracy skills with an ability to spot inaccuracies;
- Highly organized and detail oriented;
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize requirements;
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in accordance with established policies and regulations;
- Strong work ethic and interest in social justice and women’s issues;
- Exhibit initiative and innovative skills.
NLIRH offers excellent benefits, including health insurance, vacation and sick leave.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume, thoughtful cover letter highlighting your accounting, and salary requirements via email to: email@example.com. Please include in the subject line: Applicant – Bookkeeper/Accountant.