The National Urban League seeks a Manager in the Workforce Development Division (WFDD) of the Programs department. The Manager will provide outcomes-driven, programmatic technical assistance and strategic input supporting the Urban Seniors Jobs Program (USJP). The successful candidate will possess a combination of traits including creative vision, collaborative spirit, critical thinking skills, brings precision to their work, possesses previous experience in workforce or related subject matter, and has a “can-do” attitude. The candidate must also have a demonstrated commitment to the Urban League’s mission and role in the community. The USJP Manager position will ensure that the 7 affiliates operating this USJP program reach their goals and outcomes, supporting affiliates while also ensuring compliance with requirements; the responsibilities include technical assistance, compliance monitoring, data tracking and management, fiscal monitoring, and quality assurance.
● Oversee day to day management and implementation of USJP subcontracts, ensuring that affiliates and partners are on track to meet or exceed program goals, are fiscally healthy, and provide quality services.
● Work closely with project leads, subject matter experts, affiliate directors and front-line staff to develop strong USJP program models.
● Develop and monitor program progress across affiliates thorough regularly scheduled calls and check-ins, affiliate submitted reporting and via data collected in SCSEP specific database.
● Through regular virtual and/or in-person site visits, provide affiliates with support and example-driven technical assistance with a specific emphasis on services to participants and system evaluation.
● Collect, review, and edit affiliate report submissions, and prepare combined reports for submission to the Department of Labor.
● Assist with ongoing program design, resource development, and program evaluation including report and proposal writing to ensure compliance with DOL regulations, grant provisions and program sustainability.
● Assess affiliate compliance with NUL and DOL requirements through on-site visits, desk audits, and conference calls.
● Conducts data analysis on spending of participant wages, incidental and specialized training funds.
● Participate in WFDD’s strategic projects, including providing key support on new growth opportunities.
● Create and deliver a variety of program-related training and technical assistance resources through webinars and conferences, especially relating to subjects specific to this program such as demand-driven workforce development, federal grant compliance, best practices to serving older adults, and data integrity.
Education and Experience:
● BA required: MS or MPA a plus with prior coursework and experience in workforce development or equivalent
● 3-5 years of work experience, three years of which should be in the area of non-profit administration, public policy, or community development.
● Track record for producing tangible and durable results creating innovations, working in diverse partnerships and starting up new projects
● Experience developing curriculum and/or teaching is a plus.
● Counseling/case management experience serving economically disadvantaged or older adults a plus.
Knowledge & Skills:
● Strong writing, analytical, interpersonal, time-management, computer and communications skills required
● Must be organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to work effectively under pressure in both a team setting and individually
● Must be conversant and passionate about the intersection between program, policy and advocacy in the area of national workforce
● Must have a comfort with and appreciation for diversity, and an understanding of the impact of race, class, culture and language on community development success, as well as a commitment to reducing racial inequality
● Must be self-directed but able to take direction well
● Must have a strong ability to listen, learn, motivate and teach
● Must have an internal work style that emphasizes the primacy of mission, the sharing of credit, and clear accountability for results
● Must be available for national travel up to 25-30 percent of time, pending the suspension of pandemic-related social distancing requirements.
● Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
● Must be able to lift to 15 pounds at times.
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume & writing sample by clicking the link below: https://bit.ly/workforceusjp
Deadline to apply: November 4, 2021
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER The National Urban League is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state, and local equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) laws. The National Urban League strictly prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual's race, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion or creed, national origin, alienage, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual and reproductive health decisions or decision making (of employees or their dependents), familial status, marital status, partnership status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military status, domestic violence victim status, arrest or pre- employment criminal conviction record, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all National Urban League activities, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, discipline, and discharge. This policy also bans discriminatory harassment. Employment at the National Urban League is at-will.
The National Urban League seeks a Manager in the Workforce Development Division (WFDD) of the Programs department. The Manager will provide outcomes-driven, programmatic technical assistance and strategic input supporting the Urban…