Vice President of Health Care Management and Bridges to Health
- Job posted by Little Flower Children & Family Services of NY
1324 Motor Parkway
Under broad direction, incumbent is responsible to lead the agency’s efforts in manage care and health homes organizations, and to ensure that the HCM program services are developed and implemented timely. The incumbent plans, directs, and carries out the comprehensive and timely implementation of all management policies and procedures to insure effective administration for HCM and B2H services to the clients (children, natural families, foster families), following mandated regulations. The incumbent reports to the Chief Program Officer who provides leadership and direction through conferences and analysis of reports. The incumbent acts as the Little Flower lead executive to the Collaborative for Children and Families (CCF), Health Home and eventually to the Managed Care Organizations (MCOs). Incumbent is required to perform related assignments as required.
- Lead, manage and directly supervise the Director of Bridges to Health and the Administrative Director of Health Care Management.
- Functions as the agency’s lead expert and professional executive on manage care and health homes.
- Oversees the 6 core functions of care management (comprehensive care management, care coordination and health promotion, transitional care from levels of care settings, patient and family support, referral to community and social supports, and use of Health Information Technology to link services).
- Ensures staff’s ability to manage and analyze the patient’s total care needs, across the care-continuum and community networks and develops long and short-term goals to meet those needs.
- Ensures that appropriate service policies and procedures are developed and implemented.
- Work with all program leaders within the agency to collaborate on the implementation of health care management functions.
- Works in conjunction with Administrative Director to ensure the timely development and implementation of the HCM program.
- Works collaboratively with all manage care and health home organizations to ensure that Little Flower’s HCM program is successful.
- Develops, manages and evaluates direct reports; and oversees the development, selection, management and evaluation of indirect reports.
- Develops and monitors the department’s budget to ensure financial sustainability.
- Identifies, generates and implements cost containment initiatives as needed.
- Develops strategies and programs to achieve goals, as evidenced by positive quality clinical and administrative outcomes.
- Overseas the B2H programs initiatives and ensures program compliance with all regulatory guidelines.
- Proven leadership and management abilities, including meeting deadlines, ensuring compliance with agency policy and procedures in accordance with contractual requirements, and developing new initiatives.
- Knowledge of the operation and the rules and regulations governing the program operation.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with external business leaders, public officials, and the general public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of internal employees and administrators.
- Knowledge of management, planning and budgeting.
- Ability to prepare complete accurate reports and statements of considerable complexity.
- Ability to plans, assigns, and directs subordinate personnel in a manner conducive to productive performance and high morale.
- Ability to analyze facts and to exercise sound judgment in arriving at conclusions.
- Ability to plans, trains, and supervises professional and clerical employees in a manner conducive to productive performance and high morale.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Health Care Management or related field required.
- Prior Health Home/Managed Care experience preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years administrative care management experience, including 3 years supervisory experience required.
- Certified Care Manager (CCM) or Certified Professional in Health Care Quality (CPHCQ) preferred .
This position is located in Hauppauge, NY and will require periodic travel to local offices, and job specific external meetings in NYC five boroughs. A valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle are needed.
Minimum Education Required