Director of Jewish Student Life-West Chester University Hillel
- Job posted by Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life
Make your mark on Jewish student life by joining West Chester University (WCU) Hillel as the Director of Jewish Student Life. Reporting to the Executive Director of Hillels in Philadelphia, the Director of Jewish Student Life will drive Hillel forward by thinking big, empowering students, and creating a warm and inclusive environment for Jewish life on campus.
With over 500 Jewish students, Jewish student life at West Chester University has grown dramatically over the past few years. This will be the first time in the University's history that there is a full time Jewish professional on campus and it is truly the start of a new era for Jewish life at West Chester University. This position has huge potential for growth!
The Director of Jewish Student Life will supervise a Rabbinic Intern and a cohort of Engagement Interns.
What You'll Do
- Mentor and empower students by providing them with tools and resources to create innovative social, cultural, educational, social justice, and religious programs that energize Jewish life on campus.
- Identify, recruit, cultivate, and develop a committed and connected group of student leaders.
- Actively infuse Jewish life and learning into programs and engagement opportunities.
- Supervise the Rabbinic Intern and Engagement Interns.
- Immersion Experiences: Promote and recruit students for Taglit-birthright Israel and Alternative Break Trips, serve as staff, and follow up with continued engagement after the trips return.
- Develop key relationships with campus professionals and student organizational partners to ensure positive positioning of West Chester University in the university landscape.
- Oversee marketing, social media, and content for WCU Hillel website; maintain participant tracking database.
On a typical day you may:
- Develop content for the student-board leadership retreat.
- Have a coffee date with a first year student who has expressed interest in becoming more involved in Jewish life on campus.
- Support a student in implementing a social media campaign for an upcoming speaker.
- Collaborate with students to help shape and develop the annual Interfaith Dinner.
What You're Great At:
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining quality across all areas.
- Developing structure and opportunities that assist and empower young leaders to take initiative.
- Addressing large crowds with enthusiasm and confidence.
- Learning from experience and making the necessary adjustments in a timely manner.
- Building strategic partnerships and outreach.
- Taking risks that you foresee promoting the growth of students and initiatives.
What You'll Bring to the Job
- 2-4 years of relevant professional experience.
- Familiarity with higher education and campus settings.
- Comfort working independently and collaboratively.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills with strong attention to detail.
- An entrepreneurial spirit - things may not always go according to plan, but you understand that ambiguity is part of developing great new opportunities.
- Strong written and verbal skills, effective at communicating with a variety of stakeholders including students, parents, alumnae/i, and university partners.
- A commitment to pluralism, and a comfort with your own Jewish identity journey that allows you to model the same for emerging adults.
What You'll Receive
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities
- Travel regionally and abroad, particularly to Israel
- Plenty of Hillel swag
About West Chester University
West Chester University is a vibrant campus, with over 17,000 students who are active in fraternity/sorority life, multicultural organizations, service learning, and athletics. The university is less than one hour from Philadelphia and is the largest of the 14 universities in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education. Surrounded by a quaint college town, WCU is a rapidly expanding university where many students study medical fields, education, business and finance, and the liberal arts. The student body is just as passionate about social justice as they are about going out and having a good time.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
West Chester University Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter.
New Applicants: Select “Apply for this Position” to submit your application and create an account.
Previous Applicants: Scroll to the “Previous Applicants” section. Please input your e-mail address and password to login, and select “Add to My Jobs” to login and submit your application.
<img src="https://rs.careerliaison.com/pixel/kz55dvxz6hwr3j3r"><img src="https://analytics.click2apply.net/vDwR2B7cXpEeLU2dRhj6eY">
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter. New Applicants: Select Apply for this Position to submit your application and create an account. Previous Applicants: Scroll to the Previous Applicants section. Please in