District of Columbia
Digital Manager, “Groundwork Collaborative”
Reports to: Associate Director, Digital
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time; Exempt
About the position:
The Digital Manager will work with the rest of the Hub Digital team to develop and execute compelling digital campaigns. They will craft, optimize, and deploy content for Hub and partner digital channels, including email, social media and paid programs. We’re looking for someone who is obsessed with following the latest digital trends and tracking online campaign performance, is a great writer, and has excellent attention to the details. We’re a fast-moving place that’s always ready to jump into the next fight, so the right person for the job is not afraid of taking on new opportunities to move people to action and quickly responding to an ever-changing news cycle.
This role will also be the digital lead and serve a similar role for a new, ongoing undertaking the Hub Project is in the process of launching and incubating. The project, tentatively titled the “Groundwork Collaborative,” will focus on advancing a coherent economic worldview within the broader progressive movement. We’ll work with partners from across the movement to weave a through line among efforts and policy ideas that too often seem disparate. The project will have dedicated research, policy and program staff that you will also work very closely with on a regular basis.
This is a unique position that will play an integral role at both the Hub Project overall and as part of the new “Groundwork Collaborative” project. It’s an opportunity to help design and launch a digital program from scratch — thinking through all online elements of the campaign, from branding to website to supporter outreach — and then help shape and optimize our content and strategy moving forward.
As Digital Manager, you’ll:
- Work with the rest of the Hub digital team and the “Groundwork Collaborative” project to design and execute successful digital campaigns across multiple platforms; including quickly mobilizing around rapid response moments, primarily for the “Groundwork Collaborative” project
- Help design and launch digital programs for the “Groundwork Collaborative”, including the website, social media assets, and email program, if applicable, and working with outside vendors as needed to do so
- Manage all digital components of the “Groundwork Collaborative,” including internal communications and planning, as well as vendor management
- Collaborate with Hub Project staff on other teams (research, policy, communications, campaigns) to ensure digital programs are well rounded and persuasive
- Write compelling social media, email, and web copy for various campaigns and projects
- Manage Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and other social media accounts for partner and internally-run campaigns
- Cover live events on social media, including live tweeting, live streaming, and gathering and sharing stories from members of the audience during organizing moments
- Update our campaign websites with the latest and most relevant actions and information
- Brainstorm tactics, creative, and campaigns around progressive issues and ideals
- Keep a pulse on the latest trends and best practices for digital – and integrate them into our online organizing efforts
- Design and maintain digital reports for our campaigns; and use that data to make recommendations on how to adjust our strategy
- Perform other duties as assigned
- You’re an excellent writer, and love experimenting with tone, voice, and personality in your content
- You’re flexible, organized, and live for the details
- You have experience managing and growing social media channels
- You’re passionate about following the latest digital trends, tracking online campaign performance, and using your analytical brain to make content perform better
- You’ve got a sense of humor and are comfortable taking on evolving responsibilities
- You’re committed to a just, inclusive, and robust economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to all Americans
- You’re willing to travel as needed to cover events
In addition, it would be a bonus if:
- You’ve used Blue State Digital or other email marketing platforms; social media tools like Tweetdeck and Crimson Hexagon; WordPress or other content management systems; or Google Analytics
- You’re comfortable working with Photoshop or other graphic design tools
- You’ve managed outside vendors or consultants
- You’ve helped design, launch, and grow an online community in the past
- You’re familiar with the progressive economic policymaking community
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a growing team of communicators, researchers, and organizers with experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups to build creative and effective campaigns.
New Venture Fund Careers:
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To begin the application process, click here. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.