We’re looking to hire a motivated and motivating Field Organizing Director to lead the strategy and implementation of Barcelona En Comú’s grassroots organizing efforts in the run up to the 2023 city elections in Barcelona.
- Lead Barcelona En Comú’s organizing strategy in the run up to the 2023 city elections
- Bring forward new political and staff organizing leaders within BComú
Role and responsibilities
- Develop a data-based organizing strategy for the 2023 Barcelona elections (including canvassing, calling, texting, outreach events...).
- Lead the organizing team staff
- Train and motivate super-volunteers in organizing tools and competencies (volunteer training and leadership, canvassing, etc)
- Ensure the effective functioning of the organizing workflow in coordination with communication, neighbourhood and data teams
- Set goals and monitor the effectiveness of organizing actions with the aim of improving and optimizing the strategy
- Bring in new volunteers to the organization and empower new political and staff leaders through organizing
- Manage the organizing budget.
- Experience of leading organizing strategy in at least two election cycles, preferably in local elections in cities of at least 1 million population.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal communication skills in Spanish (and/or Catalan)
- Strong leadership skills and experience of volunteer management and training.
- Knowledge of data gathering and the use of Customer Relationship Management software to manage volunteers.
- Ability to innovate and lead organizational change.
- Alignment with the political project and values of Barcelona En Comú.
- Location: Barcelona, Spain (we can help you get a working visa)
- Start date: flexible with preference of September 2021
- Hours: Full time, 40 hours a week
Salary: 1,900 € Euros per month after tax in 14 payments per year (double payment in July and December).