Girl Scouts of Oregon and Southwest Washington is seeking a detailed oriented, customer service savant to join our team as a Support and Onboarding Specialist (SOS). The SOS provides first-line customer service to our members, potential members, and the general public by phone, email, web contact forms, and social media. The SOS is also responsible for providing stellar support while advancing potential members through registration and supporting their continued participation with membership renewal. Additionally, the SOS guides potential volunteers through the volunteer onboarding process, ensuring a smooth troop formation experience, and easy transition to the administrative volunteers who support their community’s Girl Scout experience. The SOS must become well versed in the basics of Girl Scouts, as well as highly skilled in navigating through Salesforce (our customer relationship management system).
What you’ll do
- Serve as tier-1 case management support for all inbound inquiries via phone, email, and Salesforce.
- Maintain timely, accurate records of customer interactions in Salesforce to facilitate informed interdepartmental customer service.
- Create an excellent experience for internal and external customers; respond in an appropriate and timely manner to problem-solve inquiries and issues.
- Utilize Knowledge Articles in Salesforce and make recommendations for changes or additions depending on customer needs.
- Support our organization’s Salesforce data health by updating customer records as needed.
- Effectively employ Girl Scout’s methodologies and materials to convert qualified customer leads into registered Girl Scout members and nurture unqualified leads to membership or closure.
- Contribute to a team environment as a strong collaborator, both intra- and inter-departmentally.
- Issue troop numbers to forming troops in a timely manner once all criteria are met.
- Guide potential volunteers through the onboarding process and ensure a smooth handoff to the local volunteer team.
- Communicate with colleagues regarding forming and newly formed troops in their area, including any foreseen or potential problems.
- Assist Volunteer Membership Support team in training service team volunteers on the conversion or onboarding process, as needed.
What you bring
- Two (2) or more years of experience in providing excellent customer service/support.
- Adept at learning new systems, technologies, and processes.
- Ability to learn and apply organizational tools and systems, such as Sandler Sales Training.
- Ability to express ideas clearly and understandably appropriate for the individual or group.
- Responsive to customer views and ideas; able to identify, prioritize, and balance customer concerns.
- Excellent follow-through on commitments.
- Recognizes when immediate action is required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, including verbal and written, and experience communicating to volunteers and the public in large and small groups, as well as on an individual basis.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- High level of attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work independently, effectively managing time.
- Excellent problem solving, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, some weekends, and occasional overnight trips.
- Computer proficiency at an intermediate level in Google Suite/Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word/Docs, Excel/Sheets, and PowerPoint and ease in learning new programs.
- Experience in recruitment and/or sales.
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) applications, such as Salesforce.
- Spanish language skills at an independent user/conversational level, or better.
How it works
- Compensation –Non-exempt, starting at $17.50 per hour (equivalent to $36,400 annually) +$1.25 per hour for Spanish language skills at a conversational level, or better.
- Benefits – Benefits include health insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, short-term disability. We also provide a generous retirement plan, paid time off, and paid holidays.See more details on our website.
- Hours –Full-time. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends, and occasional travel for training and meetings.
- Location –The SOS may choose to work remotely, in-office at any of our service centers, or a hybrid. Must reside within Oregon or Southwest Washington. All necessary equipment will be provided by Girl Scouts.