30 Willow Street
Major responsibility is to deliver quality and developmentally appropriate programs, activities, services, and special events. This position fills in area where and when needed to assist clubs with basic programing and operational needs. Provide a safe, fun learning environment that enables a member to grow and develop into a responsible adult.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the delivery of BGCB core programs, activities, and events as directed.
- Provide supervision and discipline of members participating in programs and services within the program area as well as throughout the clubhouse as deemed appropriate.
- Participate in collaborative programs and events with staff from other clubhouse departments as well as staff from other BGCB clubhouses and community organizations as appropriate.
- Secure and maintain materials, equipment and other resources belonging to the program area(s). Maintain a safe and clean program area(s).
- Participate in individual and group supervision sessions; participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate.
- Assessing our impact is critical to our work. All staff is expected to participate in various evaluation efforts throughout each program year, including the annual member survey.
- Frequent travel between sites and to activities as required.
- Other related duties as specified by the Director of Operations or Program Area Director.
General BGCB Expectations:
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCB priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCB values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all abilities can be successful and participate. BGCB expects employees to embrace its focus on inclusion of all members, regardless of disability or developmental challenge.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCB. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCB is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demand :
- High school degree or GED required.
- Direct experience providing recreation programs for youth.
- Knowledge of youth development principles.
- Must be or become CPR / FA certified.
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate flexibility.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- MS Office and web competency preferred.
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work clubhouse hours especially as seasons and service needs change.
- Valid Driver’s License preferred.
Minimum Education Required