Details: Salary commensurate on experience and location
2440 North Lakeview Avenue
Position Type: Full-time (40 hours/week). Standard workday is 9:00-6:00, with flexibility for events and travel.
Location: Can be based anywhere in the United States with connectivity (phone/internet)
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Position Description: The Carbon Neutral Cities Alliance (CNCA) Program Coordinator supports CNCA’s operations and information exchange among members by coordinating CNCA’s day-to-day operations, data management and administration, and supporting CNCA events and internal and external communications.
- Highly organized
- Excellent writing capabilities
- Analytical skills
- Ability to condense and communicate information in a compelling way
- Ability to work independently and as part of a remote team using connectivity platforms
- Basic understanding of cities and sustainability and/or climate change
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience in related field
- Experience with environmental justice and/or sustainability/climate and equity issues desired
- Familiarity with Gmail and Google Drive, Word, Power Point, and Excel required; familiarity with e-newsletters and social media platforms preferred
- Access to work space/home office, with available WiFi/internet and phone connectivity (with approved costs to be reimbursed by CNCA)
- Ability to travel nationally and/or internationally 2-3 times/year
Coordinate and Improve Efficiency of Day-to-day Operations
- Coordinate CNCA’s day-to-day operations and procedures
- Support development of organizational strategic plans and external-facing reports
- Design member surveys, direct data collection and analysis, and prepare analytical reports, presentations and dashboards
- Oversee maintenance of member tracking spreadsheets, email lists and website profiles
- Assist with grant reporting and tracking
- Liaise with CNCA’s parent organization, the Urban Sustainability Directors Network (USDN) and fiscal sponsor Global Philanthropy Partnership (GPP)
- Conduct internet research as needed
Provide Administrative Support
- Schedule meetings, conference calls, and webinars for members and staff, working with various national and international time zones and logistical challenges
- Run webinars and conference calls to ensure smooth operation
- Coordinate logistics for CNCA annual meeting and other events; write meeting reports
- Assist with new member onboarding
- Staff the CNCA Steering Committee and other committees; develop and distribute agendas and meeting materials; take and post committee meeting notes as required and in a timely fashion
- Assist CNCA management in responding to member and external requests as needed
Support Internal and External Communications
- In coordination with CNCA’s Communications Director, maintain public website (http://carbonneutralcities.org) and internal members-only web platform
- Draft content for monthly e-newsletters and website posts
- Prepare and distribute e-newsletters
- In coordination with CNCA’s Communications Director, coordinate CNCA’s social media presence, including identifying content for and managing process of sending daily tweets, updating Facebook and Instagram pages regularly
About the Carbon Neutral Cities Alliance:
The Carbon Neutral Cities Alliance (CNCA) is an international network of leading cities working to cut greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 80-100% by 2050 or sooner—the most aggressive GHG reduction targets undertaken anywhere in the world. The Alliance aims to address what it will take for leading global cities to achieve these deep emissions reductions and how they can work together to meet their respective goals more efficiently and effectively. More information about CNCA can be found at http://carbonneutralcities.org.
CNCA is a project of the Urban Sustainability Directors Network (USDN). USDN is a peer-to-peer network of local government professionals from communities in North America dedicated to creating a healthier environment, economic prosperity, and increased social equity. More information about USDN can be found at https://usdn.org.
Both USDN and CNCA are fiscally sponsored projects of Global Philanthropy Partnership (GPP), a 501(c)3 not for profit organization. Global Philanthropy Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
To Apply: Application details are at http://carbonneutralcities.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Program-Coordinator.pdf. Applications accepted until October 12, 2018.
Medical and dental
Minimum Education Required