908 Wahler Place, SE
What You Will Do
· Support scholars and staff to enhance reading skills daily (school day: 8:00 AM – 4:15 PM M, T, Th, F and 8:00 AM – 1:30 PM Wed.)
· Use data to identify and support scholars in need of small group or individual intervention/acceleration to achieve reading mastery
· Develop lesson plans, curriculum, and assessments to monitor scholar progress and program effectiveness
· Work with teachers in the administration and interpretation of reading assessment data
· Collaborate with school leaders in planning, conducting, and evaluating professional development around literacy practices
· Communicate frequently with families of scholars you serve
· Engage in additional school-wide responsibilities, such as lunch/recess duty, hallway posts, events committees, etc.
· Manage time, tasks, deadlines and responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
· Receive continuous feedback from peers and school leaders on your practice and be expected to give the same
· Embody our core values of Determination, Respect, Enthusiasm, Accountability, and Mastery
· Exhibit an unwavering commitment to high academic achievement and character development in our scholars
· Be on campus from 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM daily
· Attend and support monthly Family Nights/events that invite families into the building
· Other duties as required to fulfill our mission in the lives of our scholars
You Must Have
· Bachelor’s degree in Education, Special Education, or related field
· 4+ years of experience teaching in an urban school setting with children in historically underserved communities
· Training to teach foundational literacy skills
It Would Be Nice for Your to Have
· 1+ years of experience teaching reading
· 1+ years of experience as a reading specialist
· Experience coaching other teachers
Who We Are
We are a public charter school network committed to historically underserved communities of Southeast Washington, DC. Our elementary school, PreK3 – 3rd grade, includes an early childhood partnership with AppleTree Institute. The middle school is an expanded model that serves 4th – 8th grade. Our mission is to prepare students to excel as high-achieving scholars and leaders in high school, college and beyond.
What We Value
· 100% Scholars: You prioritize what’s best for scholars first.
· Results Without Excuses: You set, track and achieve ambitious goals; and you own the mistakes.
· Sweat the Small Stuff: You pay attention to the smallest details to ensure smooth, predictable, and effective outcomes.
· Community Matters – Mightily: You show care and respect for others – even when the work is taxing.
· Unapologetically Mission-Driven: You have a “whatever it takes” mentality in achieving the mission.
· Many Minds, One Mission: You value and partner with parents and the community for the good of scholars.
What You Get
o Ongoing weekly or bi-weekly coaching and development from direct supervisor
o Regular internal professional development tailored to the requirements of the position and staff needs
o Opportunities to participate in external professional development that increases effectiveness in the role
· Compensation & Benefits:
o Achievement Prep offers highly competitive compensation and benefits
o Medical, vision, dental benefits
o Flexible spending accounts for transit, dependent care, and medical expenses
o 401k with automatic immediate employer matching up to 4%
· It Pays to Stay:
o Upon completion of 2 full school years of service, employees become eligible for annual loyalty incentives
o Gifts and Achievement Prep swag
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, visit us online.