Los Angeles, CA
A support component to organizational operations and administration, the Operations Coordinator reports to the Operations and Human Resources Manager The position supports internal administrative functions of the organization by enhancing internal processes and infrastructure that will allow the organization to continue to grow and fulfill its mission. With our mission to coalesce diverse communities the administrative support for the organization entails consistent logistics management for events. The OC provides oversight and management of the day-to-day administrative and general office functions of the organization.
The essential functions listed below are intended as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. Overnight travel within the state is required.
General Office Management
- Oversee CIPC Info mailbox and forward to appropriate staff, and manage incoming and outgoing mail and packages
- Maintain office equipment and furnishings and the appearance of the office
- Handle office inventory and ordering of office and kitchen supplies for Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento, and satellite offices.
- Provide logistical support for staff meetings and retreats, and organizational special events.
- Database and information systems management
- Implement office policies and procedures, and update policies as needed with approval of Management Team.
- Safety, earthquake, and fire monitor for office – responsible for overseeing the organization’s Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP). Work with Oakland and Sacramento building management to stay updated on available safety trainings for staff.
- General office filing; purging past and inactive files, maintenance filing systems to improve general organization of records
- Assist with management and organization of files on organizational server
- Keep copier clean/maintained, and replenish copier paper/toner
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace; ensure the CIPC’s Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento and satellite offices operate in a safe, organized, and efficient manner
- Assist Operations and HR Manager in ensuring that CIPC abides by all OSHA requirements
- Assist with organizing office-wide social events, including holiday party, staff picnic, staff retreats, and board retreats
- Work closely with the Operations and HR Manager to oversee the full onboarding process for incoming staff and interns
- Manage printed brochures, literature and articles on hand and in front of office
- Maintain equipment check in/out and repairs in the 3 offices as needed
- Make travel arrangements for staff and partner organizations, as needed.
- Manages relationship with parking vendor and other service providers for the various offices
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Assist with data input into accounting system and various bookkeeping and administrative tasks, including filing of financial records and communicating with staff to ensure appropriate allocation of expenses
- Assist the Deputy Director of Finance and Administration with the preparation of documents for organizational and program audits
- Manage timely staff expense and mileage expense reimbursement submissions, as well as paying other CIPC vendors (office rent, printer maintenance, etc.)
- Have basic technical skill and or the ability to troubleshoot email, mobile device accounts and general computer support
- Manage CIPC Zoom Lines and provide internal assistance to staff.
- Work with external Information Technology (IT) support to resolve computer and network problems, manage organizational phone system, staff email accounts, photocopier requests and updates as well as track and update Master Technology list.
- Direct contact for photocopier requests
- Procuring, setting up, and providing basic technical support for all company technology (desktops, laptops, tablets, monitors, phone units, printers, etc.)
- Monthly maintenance of staff computers
- Perform or oversee the regular backup of the organizational server, individual computers, and troubleshoot the functionality of all organizational technology
- Experience in administrative, operations or finance work in a nonprofit organization required.
- Experience maintaining effective working relationships across departments.
- Experience in working with Boards and volunteers preferred.
- Must be able to read information quickly and write well on short timelines.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced setting while maintaining precise attention to priorities, formats, procedures, details and quality.
- Strong ethical sense to handle highly confidential HR, finance and development information is required.
- Occasional night/weekend hours and overnight travel within the state are required. Advance notice will be given.
- Ability to lift 20-30 pounds, sit and stand for extended periods is required.
- Must have legal work authorization in the United States.