1900 Lexington Avenue
JustLeadershipUSA seeks a driven and experienced Membership Coordinator. The Membership Coordinator will strengthen JLUSA’s ability to meaningfully engage diverse audiences across the country, while also expanding our national membership base. With support from JLUSA’s Digital and Creative Manager and Community Organizers, the Membership Coordinator will develop and execute membership engagement strategies and perform both individual and organizational membership outreach.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Increase JLUSA’s national membership at both the individual and organizational level, with a focus upon communities directly impacted by mass incarceration;
- Create and oversee ongoing member and volunteer engagement opportunities; address all inquiries from existing members;
- Plan and execute a variety of events to facilitate member engagement and recruitment; Provide logistical and administrative support for events;
- Facilitate membership recruitment by attending and doing outreach at speaking engagements and media appearances by JLUSA leadership;
- Develop a concrete membership recruitment guide for JLUSA staff;
- Tracking and reporting of relevant data;
- Planning and execution of strategic digital outreach, membership drives, and social media campaigns.
JustLeadershipUSA seeks a candidate with the following qualities and skills:
- A passion for, and working knowledge of, social justice and movement building;
- A commitment to criminal justice reform and JLUSA’s organizational values;
- Strong English language skills, including oral communication, editing and writing skills; Fluency in a second language preferred;
- Ability to handle simultaneous projects and succeed in a fast-paced work environment;
- Flexibility and experience working in a team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, collaborative instincts, and sense of humor.
- Ability to take initiative and carry out routine tasks with minimum supervision;
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply via this link: