Christopher House (CH) is searching for School Age Managers looking to grow professionally in the field of School Age Programs. Candidates must possess a specialized interest and passion for working with students ages 5-12 and an openness to change and new ideas.
With a mission to develop independent, creative, lifelong learners, our infant, preschool, elementary and family schools build a community of students, teachers, and parents committed to excellence, achievement and perseverance, respect and compassion, and equality of opportunity.
Christopher House partners with parents to provide a continuum of education for students from birth through high school, as well as immersive family supports that help parents create stable, self-sufficient families. We operate accredited early learning, elementary, and out of school time programs grounded in research-based curricula and high-quality instruction.
Children and families thrive when:
- Education begins at birth and continues throughout life, with parents as a child’s first teacher;
- Home environments nurture literacy, achievement, and children’s success;
- Parents have high standards and set high expectations for themselves, their children, and children’s schools;
- Professionally trained teachers know their students as individuals;
- Evaluations and program improvements are data driven;
- Parents and staff work together to continuously evaluate and improve programming;
- Education includes the development of creativity and perseverance and is multi-disciplinary in order to foster each child’s unique strengths and interests;
- Developing independent, creative, life-long researchers, education must include curriculum designed to help scholars develop socially and emotionally as well as cognitively;
- Diversity is celebrated and explored so that learners develop broad perspectives on life and learning; and
- Parents and caregivers support their children financially and emotionally.
- Determine the needs and provide for the development of children ages five to twelve
- Work to create a safe environment for children and act as a positive role model
- Contribute to and participate in a comprehensive program of educational, social and recreational activities for school aged children to promote their social, intellectual, emotional and physical growth in a group setting
- Individuals should be experienced with holding high expectations for students, staff, and families, while helping them develop their potential.
- Have a passion for helping children and families; a love for the joy of continually learning; proven success with using data to make service improvements;
- Ability to collaborate with day and after school staff in shared spaces; ability to juggle multiple demands and meet deadlines
- Experience managing dynamic programming for students ages 5-12 and an openness to change and new ideas
- Experience with helping parents navigate Action for Children and department of Family Support Services for subsidy and eligibility guidelines preferred
- Position is full time
- Strong alignment with Christopher House’s Values and Mission;
- Strong work ethic coupled with a proactive problem-solving approach;
- Three years of experience working in a school-age population and proven ability in leading/developing a team of staff: ability to relate to a multi-cultural group of families
- Fluency in a second language, particularly Spanish, is highly desired.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Elementary Education, child development, child psychology, physical education or two years of college at an accredited college, with a major in education, child development, child psychology, physical education. At minimum, incumbents must have an Associate of Arts or Applied science degree in ECE, Education, or Psychology.
If you are interested in the following position please apply.
Christopher House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.