Details: Commensurate with experience
The Mayor’s Office to Combat Domestic Violence (OCDV) operates the City’s five Family Justice Centers (FJCs), which provide comprehensive, multi-disciplinary and trauma-informed services for victims of intimate partner violence, sex trafficking and sexual assault. The Arab-American Family Support Center provides case management services, crisis intervention, advocacy, information, and referrals to victims of domestic violence at each Family Justice Center. As a member of AAFSC’s Anti-Violence Team, the Senior Case Manager and Advocate will provide crisis intervention and direct services to program clients at the Family Justice Center. He or she will be responsible for conducting safety assessments, crisis intervention, supportive counseling and safety planning with survivors, as well as referrals and advocacy on behalf of survivors. Additionally, the Senior Case Manager and Advocate will conduct prevention- aimed education and outreach with select populations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Conduct intakes with clients to assess risk and determine service needs;
· Provide ongoing safety planning and survivor-centered case management;
· Engage in crisis intervention, including but not limited to service coordination with law enforcement, District Attorney offices, hospitals and other service providers;
· Provide criminal justice and family court information, advocacy/support (e.g. drafting Order of Protection petitions), and court accompaniment to victims/survivors;
· Provide information and filing-support regarding public assistance and other government entitlements, housing/shelter applications and transfers, Office of Victim Services compensation, lock replacement, short-term financial assistance, food pantries, and clothing donation centers;
· Identify and provide referrals to outside therapeutic, legal, and other services as necessary;
· Maintain thorough case files, document client sessions and services provided, and maintain updated demographic reports for regular funder reports in a timely manner;
· Attend ongoing technical trainings, workshops, committees and lectures to ensure best-practice development and knowledge of current resources for clients;
· Perform data entry into a computerized record keeping system and maintain thorough and accurate case records and statistics;
· Attend weekly individual and monthly group supervision meetings;
· Provide technical assistance, consultation, and opportunities for training new case managers;
· Support with supervision and coaching of team members.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Participate in AAFSC meetings and attend meetings on behalf on AAFSC.
· Perform other duties assigned by Anti-Violence Program Director.
BACKGROUND AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in Social Work or a similar field preferred.
· Understanding of the dynamics of domestic violence and other forms of victimization, as well as experience working with survivors of domestic violence required.
· Knowledge of the Family Court and criminal justice system is preferred.
· Strong writing and communication skills required.
· Excellent organizational, time-management, follow-up, and administrative skills with attention to detail.
· Self-starter with the ability to work independently, and as a part of a team, in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
· Fluency in Arabic, Urdu, Bangla/Bengali, Hindi, or another language is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply.
· 12 sick days
· 5 floating holidays
· 15 vacation days per year (up to third year of employment); 20 vacation days per year after 3 years of employment
· After 3 months, eligible for health, dental, and vision insurance (individual is fully covered at 100%; additional family is covered by employee under or outside of plan)
· 403b Plan (eligible to enroll upon hiring, and take with you after first year of employment)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit 3 references (other than relatives), a resume and a thoughtful cover letter outlining how your skills and experiences meet the responsibilities and qualifications of the position via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone queries please. All cover letters and resumes must be submitted via email. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Applications accepted until 6pm on Friday, April 20th.