Since its formation five years ago, ClearWater (currently in the process of changing names to Amazon Frontlines) has been supporting an indigenous-led movement for clean water, cultural survival, and rainforest protection in the northern Ecuadorian Amazon. What started as a project to provide clean drinking water to indigenous families by training local indigenous technicians, coordinators, and accountants has grown into the formation of an indigenous alliance with the goal of implementing community-led projects that empower indigenous peoples and their capacity to defend their lands and cultures against the threat of industrial destruction in the region.
We are looking for an experienced and responsible nonprofit finance and operations professional to work to support the general operations work of ClearWater including: operations systems, accounting and finance, compliance and limited human resources support. This part-time position is based remotely in the US, preferably in the Bay Area.
- At least two years of experience with nonprofit compliance
- At least two years of nonprofit financial management experience
- Proficient in Quickbooks
- Knowledgeable about US payroll policy and practice
- 5-10 years of experience working with small and medium-sized nonprofits
- Self-motivated; proven ability to work on a remote basis
- Written and spoken Spanish proficiency required
Job Duties -
Accounting and finance:
- Work with organization's accountant to achieve thorough and sound financial management standards and practice
- Assist in executive director in completing budget work for proposals and monthly and annual check-ins
- Utilize Quickbooks to track organization spending
- Correspond regularly with the accountant in Ecuador to align financial spending reports
- Maintain schedule of compliance requirements and organize all compliance tasks for completion
- Keep all insurance up-to-date
- Support and coordinate the annual audit with the selected accounting firm
- Coordinate annual 990 reporting with selected accounting firm
- File invoices and issue all staff and contractor payments
- Issue all services payments
- Assist human resources staff in Ecuador with filing staff expense reports and issue reimbursements
- Research and implement improvements in staff benefits and services to help ClearWater remain competitive (insurance, retirement options, etc)
- Assist with staff equipment order purchases for financial reporting purposes
- Update employee handbook and security policy and procedures when necessary
- Work with HR staff in Ecuador to maintain organization of HR documents
- Assist HR staff in Ecuador in drafting and revising contracts as needed
- Advise on any revision and updating of policies
ClearWater offers a competitive salary package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Conversational spoken and written Spanish required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Operations Manager" and your last name. Preference will be given to applications received before March 16th.