Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
2067 Massachusetts Avenue
The successful candidate will be part of a 6-person Finance Department and will be responsible for various accounting and operation support functions, including the payroll process and purchasing activities. This position may be full-time (40 hours per week) or 80% (32 hours per week), including benefits. Starting salary is based on a full-time annual equivalent of 43k-53k and is commensurate with experience.
TERC is a 95+ person academically oriented nonprofit organization, founded in 1965, centered around improving K-12 math and science education. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits including health and 403(b) retirement plans, a healthy work/life balance, exposure to a variety of technologies, and opportunities for professional development. For more information, visit TERC's web site at: www.terc.edu.
- Process and submit biweekly payroll to outside payroll company electronically, ensuring accuracy of the data transmitted.
- Set-up and update employee profiles in the accounting system (Deltek Costpoint).
- Place orders for materials and services with authorized suppliers and /or with TERC’s credit card.
- Receive and confirm materials on delivery; establish and maintain vendor relations; resolve problems with orders.
- Perform monthly and quarterly reconciliations.
- Record cash receipts and other journal entries.
- Assist in year-end audit preparation.
- Serve as backup for accounts payable.
- Other duties assigned by the Controller.
- BS/BA in accounting or equivalent preferred. Some training in accounting a must. 1-3 years of prior experience in an accounting/bookkeeping capacity. Payroll experience strongly preferred. Paylocity payroll experience a plus. Purchasing or vendor relations experience preferred, but not required.
- Use of accounting software to a proficient level. Experience in nonprofit organization and with Deltek Costpoint software is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to use common office computer applications (e.g. email, Excel and Word) to an intermediate level.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Capability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and follow up effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral. Ability to work in a collaborative decision making environment.
- Ability to protect the organization's value by keeping information confidential.
TERC is an equal opportunity employer, and is actively seeking to diversify its staff. We place a high priority on developing a staff that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
(12) paid holidays; (18) vacation days; (10) sick days; (4) personal days; jury duty; (4) funeral leave paid; STD; LTD: Health Advocate; Employee Assistance; 403B retirement plan; Life Insurance; FC&C; Maternity Leave; Parental Leave; Tuition Reimbursement; medical insurance, dental insurance and Flexible Spending Accounts.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required