Summer Residential Staff at Northwestern University
- Job posted by Center for Talent Development Summer Program
Full Time Temporary Contract
Details: In addition to room and board.
617 Dartmouth Place
Spend your summer supporting bright students ages 9 through 18 on the Evanston campus of Northwestern University. Center for Talent Development’s Summer Program challenges advanced learners to embark on rigorous academic adventures and connects them with peers from around the world in a residential summer camp setting. Residential staff hone leadership, interpersonal, and organizational abilities and gain experience developing students' cognitive and social-emotional skills. For our residential positions, we seek candidates whose experiences demonstrate empathy and desire to nurture and inspire children.
Contract Dates: June 26 through August 10
Contract Stipend: $2,800.00, in addition to room and board for the duration of the contract.
* Gain summer conference experience in an academic summer camp setting.
* Provide direct supervision and social-emotional support to gifted children, ages 10-14.
* Promote inclusive, safe, positive, and fun community among students in your group.
* Lead residential activities and weekend excursions for students ages 10-14.
* Learn and practice conflict mediation techniques.
* Practice vertical and lateral communication skills.
* Gain 24-7 on-call & crisis response experience.
* Host two or three sets of move-in and move-out days, assisting up to 300 students and their families.
* Network with Northwestern University Residential Services.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The next step is to complete an application through Northwestern University Human Resources. Before you start the application, please save your resume and cover letter (optional) to your desktop. The application may time out if you spend too much time composing (or searching for) these documents. Further, the application will not save your work, so you need to complete the application in one sitting.
1. Navigate to www.northwestern.edu/hr/careers
2. Select External Applicants
3. Paste JOB ID#32782 into the search field.
4. Click on the job, and you are off!
If you have any trouble with the NUHR application, please call the FASIS Help Desk at 847-467-4800. If they cannot help, the staff at our Temp Center can help at firstname.lastname@example.org.