635 Andover Park West
Summer Search’s Seattle site is seeking a Senior Program Director to oversee high-quality program delivery and performance that serves approximately 150 high school students, 200 college students, and 150 alumni. This position will supervise a team of program managers, partner with local and national leadership on program development and delivery and embody an office culture that is dedicated to equity, teamwork, learning, and an unwavering commitment to Summer Search’s mission and students.
Specifically, the Senior Program Director will lead:
Program and People Management
- Oversee the program delivery and continuous performance improvement toward our Key Performance Indicators.
- Lead, inspire, and strengthen an 11-member program staff who work directly with students and alumni, modeling open communications, managing conflict, and ensuring decision clarity in supporting the team day-to-day.
- Supervise a program leadership team of three direct reports who oversee all aspects of the program. Provide coaching and training to build management capacity of direct reports and support the professional development of the entire team.
- Ingrain best practices of staff performance management, including overseeing annual goal setting and review process, developing leaders from within, and partnering with program leadership to address performance issues as they arise.
- Promote clear expectations for accurate and timely data collection by program teams; monitor data collection and utilize data to analyze key drivers/barriers to program progress and performance.
- Ensure that local program implementation aligns with national program curriculum, standards, and enhancements; represent the perspective of the National Program Team in driving local strategies and decisions.
- Provide hands-on student support in crisis management through assessing and responding to high-risk student situations, training staff on student safety issues, and partnering with program leaders to address student engagement challenges.
Site Development and Sustainability
- Serve as a collaborative thought partner to the Seattle Executive Director to ensure alignment on and effectiveness of program strategies, staffing, budgeting, and other programmatic and business decisions.
- Oversee the preparation and management of the annual program budget, tracking and reporting of finances to Seattle Executive Director and Board of Directors, and National Program Team.
- Support an Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) strategy designed to enhance our work with students, families, communities, and staff; ensure that local efforts stay in synch and are aligned with nationally-led efforts.
- Codify local successes and challenges in order to contribute to organization-wide best practices for program strategy and delivery; participate on a national program leadership cohort to co-develop program strategies and share learnings.
- Serve as an ambassador for Summer Search and communicate programmatic activities and outcomes to Board of Directors, donors, referral partners, staff, students, alumni, parents, summer program and community partners.
- Champion positive staff morale and retention by modeling Summer Search’s values and cultivating a communicative, relationship-driven, open, and inclusive team environment.
- Competitive salaries
- Medical insurance with up to 90% employer contribution
- Dental, vision, FSA, life and disability insurance plans
- 401 (K) and Employer Match up to $2,000 annually
- Generous time off including 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 2 floating holidays, 10 company-wide holidays and a 1-week December closure.
- Individual, local, regional and national training
- A commitment to developing leaders from within the organization.
- An organizational culture that supports staff well-being and holistic self-care
- Ample opportunities to connect with the students and communities we serve
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual is a plus in Amharic, Somali, Vietnamese, Spanish, Burmese, ASL or other language.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and targeted cover letter that describes your interest in Summer Search and the Senior Program Director position. Please address your cover letter to Melanie Lyons, Seattle Executive Director. We are hoping to move quickly with our search and will be reviewing applications as they come in. Please submit your materials as soon as possible.