Administrative Assistant reporting to Vice President for Development
- Job posted by Union Theological Seminary in the City of New York
· Primary responsibilities include working with confidential information regarding donors, alumni and staff included but not limited to reviewing and creating reports and maintaining portfolios.
· Correspond with and solicit donors for funds, including alumni/ae, friends of UTS, and other funding sources, which requires access to contact information, donation information, and financial information.
· Prospect new donors and devise plans for increasing funding from current donors, which includes accessing financial history and assessments of financial wealth.
· Update the UTS and EDS@UTS Raiser’s Edge databases, specifically adding notes, actions, and updating contact info.
· Assist the VP for Development in drafting Board Reports and miscellaneous impromptu reports/presentations.
· Prepare budget reports and other financial documents for the Development Office, which requires access to financial information regarding the general operations of UTS, including aggregate sum of salaries per annum for UTS staff and faculty, cost of supplies, travel costs, etc.
· Manage departmental print collateral for events, including: invitations, signage, programs, and nametags.
· Coordinate meetings for staff in the Development and Alumni/ae Office, including setting up conference call lines as needed.
· Procure any apparel, baseball caps, keychains, bags, and other miscellaneous Union-branded giveaways that will be distributed by Development and Alumni/ae Affairs staff members.
· Manage the inventory of letterhead, envelopes, note cards, and other Union-branded stationery.
· Work with outside venues and coordinate the logistics for shipping supplies and travel to event locations as needed.
· Issue alumni/ae ID cards.
· Field general phone inquiries and marshal all manner of requests/comments/complaints to a clear resolution.
· Manage relationship with USPS and handle expenses and logistics for bulk returned mail.
· Collect travel information and receipts for Alumni/ae Council meetings. Book hotel stays, reimburse travel expenses, and arrange meeting rooms.
· Make travel arrangements for Unitas honorees and handle any related reimbursements.
· Proofreading key print material, including the Union Network Magazine, invitations, the website, and other material.
· Be ‘on call’ during the Christmas holiday to check voicemail and field any end-of-year gifts.
Computer Tasks (33%)
· Manage files in Dropbox and in Raiser’s Edge, ensuring that files can be quickly and easily accessed. Create new shared folders within Dropbox for cross-department collaboration.
· Process payments, invoices, and credit card statements for the Development Office.
· Troubleshoot hardware and software issues, including both Windows and Mac machines and related peripherals.
· Reconcile credit card charges for the VP of Development using SAP Concur.
· Submit check requests for the Development and Alumni/ae Departments using Blackbaud Financial Edge.
· Bachelor’s Degree, Minimum 3-4 years experience working with senior level executives
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
· Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge and Dropbox
· Familiarity with SAP Concur and Blackbaud a plus
· Availability during select weekends and evenings
· Ability to handle confidential information
· Highly organized with both paper and computer files, ability to coordinate meetings against multiple calendars
· Can do attitude and passion for development work
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For confidential consideration, please submit your cover letter, resume, to: email@example.com and be sure indicate the specific job title in the subject line.
No phone calls, please. Those whose candidacy is being considered will be contacted.
Union Theological Seminary is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor under federal, state, or local law.