Full Time Contract
Details: Commensurate according to experience. Continuation of this position after one year is dependent on the successful candidate meeting jointly determined financial goals.
1133 19th Street, NW, Suite 1000
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for providing leadership for the League of United Latin American Citizens National Office (LNO) and the LULAC Institute (LI) by working with the Board of Directors, Executive Committees and a management team to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies. The CEO is also responsible for the successful operation of all programs operated by LULAC LNO and the LI, and for implementing innovations designed to improve fiscal efficiency as well as the quality and the quantity of program efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the successful operation of all programs operations and for implementing innovations designed to improve fiscal efficiency.
· Drives the fiscal strategies to achieve and surpass funding to sustain cash flow goals and objectives, continuation of operations and fiscal efficiency.
· Raises as needed capital at appropriate valuations to enable growth and mission objectives.
· Annually prepares and delivers to the Board of Directors a proposed budget and a proposed management by objectives (MBO) plan to enable the Board of Directors the opportunity to prioritize annual goals and objectives and to develop performance standards.
· Establishes credibility throughout the organization as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
· Provides leadership and management to ensure that the mission and core values are put into practice
· Spearheads the development, communication and implementation of effective growth strategies and processes.
· Collaborates with the Board of Directors and management team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, processes and personnel designed to accommodate the growth objectives of organizations.
· Motivates and leads a high-performance management team; attracts recruits and retains required members of the management team.
· Authority for all personnel matters related to all employees pursuant to the personnel manual and within policy guidelines and consistent with all laws and regulations, which govern employer/employee relations.
· Responsible for collaborating with the President to conduct quarterly Board meetings and putting out the call and developing the agenda.
· Approves all negations on final contracts associated with events and functions.
· Presents all final agreements to the Boards with employee union for approval.
· Acts as lead “client-care officer” through direct contact with every client, partner, and sponsor.
· Fosters a success-oriented, accountable work environment.
· Represents the organizations with clients, partners and sponsors.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Strategic Thinking
· Business Acumen
· Results Driven
· Financial Management
· Problem Solving/Analysis
· Collaboration Skills
Preferred Education and Experience:
Master’s Degree in Nonprofit Management, Public Policy or equivalent plus a minimum 10 years’ experience in same or similar non- profit organizations engaged in advocacy work and service programs on behalf of the Hispanic community.
Experience: We are seeking for a seasoned professional with strong work experience:
· Ten to fifteen years in senior nonprofit management experience
· Experience with same or similar not‑for profit organizations engaged in advocacy work and service programs on behalf of the Hispanic community.
· Understanding of and experience with capacity building programs.
· Fundraising, legislative and communication skills.
· Supervisory and personnel management experience.
· Financial management experience.
· Experience working with Board of Directors.
· Experience working in an employee union environment.
· Evidence of commitment to missions of the nonprofit sector
· Fundraising experience to generate seven figure capital goals.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
· Skill in organizational development, personnel management, resource development, and strategic planning.
· Excellent people skills, with an ability to collaborate with a leadership team and Board of Directors.
· Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
· Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
· This position requires long hours and weekend work plus extensive travel.
- Time off negotiated as part of Contract.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Available for enrollment
- Retirement Plan includes a maximum of 4% matching contribution
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in Spanish a plus but not necessary.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates should submit their resume demonstrating qualifications, education and work experience required for the position. Also, include a cover letter including the announcement number and indicating your desired salary. All applications must be submitted electronically to email@example.com by 5:00pm EST on the closing date. Any questions may be directed via email to the Human Resource Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.