1501 Cherry Street
The Full-Time CASA Educational Decision Maker (EDM) Supervisor is responsible for managing EDM volunteers and their assigned cases. As part of his or her case management duties, the CASA EDM Supervisor provides professional staff support to EDM volunteers ensuring that children involved with the CASA EDM program receive sound advocacy and best interest decision making regarding their educational needs. The CASA EDM Supervisor is responsible for volunteer supervision and coordination of cases.
The Full-Time CASA EDM Supervisor should have the following skills and experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in a social service or education related field plus a minimum of three years’ experience working in the field of child welfare or education; Master’s degree in related field preferred.
2. The ability to communicate with, supervise, and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles; Experience working with volunteers preferred.
3. Knowledge and understanding of the child welfare, education, and juvenile court system; knowledge of education and special education laws and regulations preferred.
4. Public speaking ability; Experience as a trainer.
6. Ability to accurately collect data and keep well-maintained files.
7. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and writing skills.
8. Skilled in MS Word, Excel, and Power Point; Knowledge of Salesforce database preferred.
CASA of Philadelphia values a diverse work environment and strongly encourages women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, people with disabilities, people who have experienced poverty or homelessness and people who have had prior contact with the juvenile, criminal, or child welfare systems to apply. CASA invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff and advocacy for children in foster care.
Level of Language Proficiency
English proficiency (oral and written) required.
Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required