ACTION is looking for the next great member of our effective and successful Secretariat team based in Washington DC! The ACTION Global Health Advocacy Partnership (www.action.org) is made up of locally rooted partner organizations around the world that advocate together for life-saving interventions for millions of people threatened by preventable and treatable diseases.
ACTION works to increase investments and build political support for equitable access to health and nutrition. Amongst other policy and advocacy successes, ACTION partners have helped mobilize billions of dollars for the fight against malnutrition, the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria, and Gavi, the Vaccines Alliance.
Reporting to the ACTION Secretariat Director, the Senior Associate works with senior Secretariat staff to support ACTION partnership advocacy and policy research and analysis on a portfolio of cross-cutting issues primarily related to COVID, as well as ACTION work planning, strategy development, and reporting across portfolios. The Senior Associate will play the crucial role of ensuring that COVID-19 integration is done across all streams of work to meet grant objectives. Additionally, they will harness and feed into the opportunities more broadly and enhance the partnership’s coordinated efforts.
· Lead COVID-related work in achieving related grant objectives:
o Lead integration of COVID work across all portfolios and harnessing the knowledge to feed back into ACTION’s COVID-19 objectives;
o Support ACTION team and partners in achieving COVID-19 objectives;
o Strategic thinking to position ACTION partnership for future opportunities;
o Coordinate ACTION’s COVAX resource mobilization work and facilitate partner strategy development and coordination on this issue;
o Provide guidance to child health/vaccines work.
· Support partners in their COVID work and activities:
o Facilitate calls and meetings for collaborative work and strategic planning;
o Coordinate and facilitate engagement with wider stakeholders and coalitions, including the funder;
o Provide support as needed by partners.
· Knowledge management and communications:
o Capture learning, facilitate sharing, and build thought leadership;
o Prepare reports and internal and external communications materials, including talking points, briefing materials, research reports, and factsheets;
o Facilitate ongoing reporting process for partner work issues;
o Coordinate with the grants and development teams on grant compliance and donor reporting.
Responsibilities may be revised periodically.
· Interest in and understanding of global development and the global health landscape, especially COVID-19 and its broad relevance for all pillars of ACT-A, the Global Fund C19RM, as well as advocacy to sustain and expand financing and political support for critical immunization (Gavi, GPEI) and other child and maternal health and nutrition programs, TB, HIV and malaria, and broader primary health care (PHC) via donor commitments, increased World Bank investment, debt relief and more;
· Undergraduate degree preferred (a Bachelors in a related discipline such as health/science policy, international relations/development, political science, economics, sociology, social sciences, etc.);
· 2–4 years’ experience in global health, international advocacy and/or policy, or relevant field;
· Ability to work effectively across cultures, time zones, and work styles;
· Ability to travel internationally, if needed;
· Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills;
· Strong written and verbal communications skills in English and social media skills.
· Detail-oriented to uphold structures and systems necessary to delivering on ambitious goals and strategy.
· Experience working internationally, in a developing country, or within an international network or secretariat;
ACTION is looking for the next great member of our effective and successful Secretariat team based in Washington DC! The ACTION Global Health Advocacy Partnership (www.action.org) is made up of locally rooted partner organizations around…
Summary of Benefits
Benefits at RESULTS are a critical part of caring for our staff, and benefits have only been increased in at least the last ten years, however all benefits are reviewed annually and are subject to change. The benefits stated below are effective through October 31, 2021.
· As a DC-based employer, RESULTS Educational Fund is required to use DC Health Link—a “onestop shop” where individuals can compare, shop and purchase health insurance plans.
· RESULTS Educational Fund has chosen CareFirst’s Blue Choice Advantage HSA/HRA Bronze 6000 plan as its “reference plan”. RESULTS Educational Fund will pay 100% of the monthly premium for this plan (or the equivalent for any other allowed plan selected by an employee). Coverage begins on the first day of the month following your start date.
· For all staff and their families, RESULTS Educational Fund pays 100% of the premiums and out-of-pocket costs (deductibles, co-pays, prescriptions, etc.) for our CareFirst reference plan, which includes medical and dental coverage.
· Coverage begins on the first day of the month following (or coinciding with) your start date.
· RESULTS offers flexible spending accounts for medical, dependent care, and transportation/parking costs to which employees may contribute with pre-tax payroll deductions.
· Employees are eligible for flexible spending accounts on the first day of the month following 90 days of employment up to the limits allowable by the IRS.
· RESULTS offers a 401(k) Retirement Plan which has both pre- and post-tax contribution options.
· Employees are eligible to enroll on the first day of the month following their date of hire.
· To enroll, an employee must designate an individual contribution (via payroll deductions) and choose from among a variety of investment options.
· In addition, RESULTS will begin making an employer match on the first day of the month following an employee’s one-year service anniversary. Under a Safe Harbor Agreement, RESULTS has agreed to match 100% of the employee contribution up to 3% of salary, then match 50% on any additional contributions up to 5% of salary.
· RESULTS also offers short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage at no cost to employees. Short term disability insurance monthly benefit maximum: 60% of weekly earnings to a maximum of $1,500. Long-term disability insurance monthly benefit maximum: 60% of monthly earnings to a maximum of $6,000. The life insurance benefit amount is one year’s salary up to $150,000 maximum. The effective date for this coverage is the employee’s date of hire.
· RESULTS offers generous paid annual leave earned on an accrual basis and carried forward from year-to-year but capped at the following levels: 15 days of vacation, 10 days of sick leave, and 5 days of personal leave.
· All leave (other than emergency sick leave) must be approved in advance by the supervisor.
· New employees will earn leave pro-rata based on their date of hire and may use vacation and personal leave upon successful completion of 90 days of employment.
· RESULTS generally observes nine (9) official holidays each year. In addition, all offices are closed between the Christmas Day and New Year’s Day holidays with no requirement to use annual leave.
Summary of Benefits
Benefits at RESULTS are a critical part of caring for our staff, and benefits have only been increased in at least the last ten years, however all benefits are…
Fluency in French or Japanese.
Fluency in French or Japanese.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews will be scheduled with qualified candidates. Due to the volume of submissions, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Please send cover letter with a 2 page writing sample accompanied by your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line: “Senior Associate, COVID”
RESULTS believes that poverty cannot end as long as oppression exists and is committed to creating an equitable workplace. People of color, members of LGBTQ+ communities, and people with firsthand experience of poverty are strongly encouraged to apply.
RESULTS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, disability, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, or sexual orientation.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews will be scheduled with qualified candidates. Due to the volume of submissions, we will not be able to respond to all…